Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 05:30 AM   #1
Malthaussen
Manshoon

While cleaning up an obscure corner of my house, I stumbled across a box with the CD containing 9 of the old Gold Box AD&D games, which surprised the heck out of me, since I don't remember ever buying it. [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyway, for kicks I thought I'd install 'em on my new XP supercomputer and see if they run. Much to my surprise, they do (I'm surprised when *anything* runs under XP). Which led me to think that it might be entertaining to play through the whole sequence of these golden oldies, especially since party-based CRPGs seem to be a dying genre, and really, how many parties can one run through BG2 or Icewind Dale?

To the question. I don't seem to have the Captain Midnight Decoder Ring required for the first three (or is it four) of the games, although fortunately the documentation for the rest is all on the CD so I can answer those annoying "copy protection" questions in the later games. I was wondering two things: 1) does anybody still have a spare decoder ring lying around they'd like to dispose of, and 2) was there a "cheat" code of some kind that could be entered for all those copy-protection questions, obviating the need for the wheel (or docs). I would bet there is, but I sure don't know it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

-- Mal