Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2001, 11:07 PM   #1
Lochen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

UGH! OK so I keep him from killing Saerk and get him his knighthood. Now it turns out that his father is dead and that Saerk really did it. So he wants to split off from the party and go mow him down. I would imagine that would be bad for his knighthood. But it doesnt seem like there's a choice. Any advice? There's not a much better cleric for the good team so I'd hate to lose him at this point.

Lochen
Old 08-22-2001, 11:59 PM   #2
Tananda
Elminster

Oh, yes, it would be awful to lose such a strong cleric. Anomen is the most useful NPC in my party, so I agree with you absolutely.

Spoilering advice
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Go to the upper floor of Saerk's house in the Bridge district after Anomen leaves your party. There you'll find Anomen and will be able to keep him from killing Saerk.
Good luck!

And welcome to the forum, Lochen!
------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 08-23-2001).]
Old 08-23-2001, 02:02 AM   #3
HooC
The Magister

Nobody ever said that to me
Old 08-23-2001, 01:24 PM   #4
Kitty
Manshoon

This fact (Anomen leaving my party when finding out Saerk was really guilty) occured to me only when I played as a female berserker, after falling in love with him. Im my previous games (respectively as a male standard fighter and as a male undead hunter), I just did his knighthood quest and that was all. He didn't leave my party.
Old 08-23-2001, 03:03 PM   #5
Mel
The Magister

I think it only happens in the romance. I've read a lot of very good quest lists and it doesn't have this one on any of them, neither they have any other quests or happenings that stem from one of the romances. You don't get any experience for it do you?
Old 08-23-2001, 06:44 PM   #6
oldbittercraig
Elminster

how do you get Anomen to start his quest? I passed on killing off Saerk and told the authorities. I've gone to the HQ of the Radiant Heart and had him chat with about everyone but can't get the next stage to kick off.

Any suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-23-2001, 08:12 PM   #7
Crusader
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So he realy did it? if i would have known i would have helped Anomen kill Saerk.
Anyway i kept Anomen from killing him but how do i get him his Knighthood?

------------------
Butt Kicking for Goodness!
Old 08-23-2001, 08:45 PM   #8
Tananda
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Crusader:
So he realy did it? if i would have known i would have helped Anomen kill Saerk.
Anyway i kept Anomen from killing him but how do i get him his Knighthood?

Do not worry, you'll be summoned to the Order Headquaters and Anomen will become a knight - you've done all things needed it seems.

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The game is extremely unfair in this quest. If you do not let Anomen kill Saerk, he'll become a knight and then you'll know that Saerk is a murderer of Anomen's sister.
If you let Anomen kill Saer, he won't become a knight and then you'll know that two bandits are murderers of Anomen's sister and Saerk is innocent. Anomen will try to kill his father in this situation.
I mean, the murderer should be one and the same person whatever player chooses to do. Game just makes you to be wrong and there is no way to be right....
Really hate this quest because of this.

Old 08-24-2001, 02:34 AM   #9
Starkiller
The Magister

Well, I taught Saerk a lesson...He may have gotten off the hook but I went through his house and slaughtered all his guards, and if the cook got caught in a fireball, well, whose fault is that? Hahaha, EVIL!!!

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-26-2001, 11:09 PM   #10
Lochen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the advice. My theif happened across Seark's house earlier *cough* so I already had the layout down. I went ahead and got him knighthood. I would agree the romance is awful! Guy is arrogant and whiny. I'd love to throw him to Viconia ;p

Lochen