Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 05-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
deadmoney
Dungeon Master

Hello everyone, just curious about a couple of things about Warlocks? Do I need Point Blank Shot for the Eldritch Blast? Should I really worry about a weapon feat at all since I'll primarily be using the blast (or chain or whatever)? Any great suggestions for multiclassing? I'm thinking of Warlock 18/Barbarian 2 for the hit points and uncanny dodge.

I've played the game through with my cleric/paladin/warpriest tank type and am looking for a little variety. Thanks a lot.
deadmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:55 AM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I don't think you ened it... Well my warlock doesn't seem to anyway. And having a weapon feat doesn't hurt cos I find when I hit things with a blast they come after me. Being able to hit them with something different helps.
Also, should you find anything that is resistant to the elderich blasts (I don't know if anything is) then you may be kinda stuffed, and a weapon feat would help you hit them better.
Just my opinion.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Just a note, a weapon focus can never be a bad idea, even if you seldom use the weapon. At least that way, when you do pick it up, you're at the very least proficient with it.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
The Merciful
The Magister

Weapons for warlock are only for stat and skill boosts. Your best consistent damage will be via variations of eldritch blast. Just up your consentration and use defencive casting. Also pick up Vitriolic Blast for by passing magic resistance.

You don't need point blank shot and any weapon related feat is a wasted feat.

As for multiclassing, you are better off with pure warlock. At later levels you get regeneration (Fiendish Resilence), and you get damage reduction anyway, so survivability isn't an issue.

Rogue might be a multiclassing option for sneak attack blasting... :/

[ 05-09-2007, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: The Merciful ]