Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2003, 10:29 AM   #21
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

Druids all the way.

You get a cool animal companinion in addition to your henchman. You can summon another creature for a total of 4 people attacking bad guys. Excellent buff spells (Barksking, Bull's Strength, Stonesking, Endure Elements, Protection Elements, Ultravision). My Druid has power attack and Cleave and soon will have improved critical for the scimitar. I mostly walk up on the front lines and bash the enemy. For larger groups I use area effect spells.

What's not to like about the druid.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:49 AM   #22
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

yeah! Kytor rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's a dire wolf, and he acts as a distraction, a good tank, and he's furry!
Yay!

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 06:27 PM   #23
Tyrion
Quintesson

I adore my Dwarven 1/4 Barbarian and 3/4 Fighter.
Has alot of hitpoints and hits hard... he can really take a beating and give one as well.
I haven't taken him through the whole game yet but it's gonna be fun!
Old 03-29-2003, 10:18 PM   #24
D W Washburn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I played the game through as a Barbarian/ Fighter.
Level 1 Fighter/ Level 19 Barbarian.

Damage reduction and agility really match well with high scores in secondary skills. The hit point factor ensures a hardy battle and thats my choice cormack

D.W.
D W Washburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 07:12 PM   #25
Nerull
Lord Ao

Singleclassed cleric was mine. I took the Animal domain (upgrades your summons; I just let the dire boar I got at 1st level smack around everything in the prelude), and Martial Weapon proficiency. Add Extra Turning for additional turning, and you really can rock. The only bad part is traps, but that's what I got Tomi for.

Oh, by the way, Harm rocks. Easily one of the best spells in the game. Nothing like taking a boss monster down to 3hp instantly.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 08:13 PM   #26
ocelot
Dungeon Master

I would say that this forum has given me a fantastic outlook upon the game and I can really relate to everyone's choice for the perfect character profile.

I must have started over 20 times trying to figure out every which way one can go. If you are into the toolset bulk and hit points hould go before spells, because making rods, with spell powers, will give you extra power to shock and awe mass enemy's confronting you.

As a soldier you must follow the comanders decision and be true to yourself. Never harm or kill any innocent people and treat everyone equaly. Good to meet you a;;
Old 04-23-2003, 04:00 PM   #27
Heatmiser
Dungeon Master

So far (early in Ch 2) I must say that I am extremely satisfied with my human monk. I love going close up and watching him surrounded by 4-5 enemies. He dodges blades, his fists and feet are deadly. It is especially fun when he kills one opponent, then turns and cleaves another, killing him also! Now that he has Improved Evasion I am not even that worried about running into traps anymore!
I also created a Ranger 2/Druid 1 through the Prelude that I think will be pretty good. Can anyone comment on this combo? I have not seen it posted in this thread.
Thanks.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:30 PM   #28
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Heatmiser:
So far (early in Ch 2) I must say that I am extremely satisfied with my human monk. I love going close up and watching him surrounded by 4-5 enemies. He dodges blades, his fists and feet are deadly. It is especially fun when he kills one opponent, then turns and cleaves another, killing him also! Now that he has Improved Evasion I am not even that worried about running into traps anymore!
I also created a Ranger 2/Druid 1 through the Prelude that I think will be pretty good. Can anyone comment on this combo? I have not seen it posted in this thread.
Thanks.
The bad part about multiclassing in the 3rd edition is obvious when one of the classes is a spellcasting class (especially druids, clerics, wizards, and sorcerers). In the previous edition/BG2, the xp just split between the two classes. This let you get to higher levels in the spellcasting class; it just took longer and more xp.

In 3rd edition/NwN, you only get 20 levels, and if you multiclass you have to split them between the classes. Thus, every level you take in another class is one less for your spellcasting class, thus a greater reduction in spellcasting ability than in the last edition. Thus, if you want to get 9th level spells, you need to reach 17th level in druid, which only leaves 3 levels that you can take in another class or classes. Plus, since druid and ranger are not a favored class for any races except humans and half-elves, you would have to take either of these two races to avoid a 20% xp reduction for your classes not being within one level of each other.

My personal opinion, it all depends on what you want to play. If you don't mind losing some spell power from druid to have a good number of levels in ranger, then go right ahead. If I am any of the main spellcasting classes, then I make it a point not to multiclass, especially if the other class is not a spellcasting class.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 08:07 PM   #29
koconnor100
The Magister

Human Illusionist. At Level 4

Str 14
Dex 14
Int 15
Wis 8
Con 14
Chr 10

Spells (these last all day)
Bulls Strength
Cats Grace
Protection from alignment : Evil
Mage Armor
Resist elements
And a few acid arrows

Quarter Staff : 1d6 damage
+1 because I'm using it 2 handed
+2 from my strength
+2 (usually) from the bulls strength

1d6+5 damage, +5 to hit
AC 17

Level 4 Illusionist and kicking butt !

I can't believe I'm hand to handing 3 prisoners at a time in the Peninsual, and winning usually without a scratch !
Old 04-23-2003, 10:05 PM   #30
koconnor100
The Magister

The Best "Ranger" combo would be ranger/Wizard 19/1.

Level 1, make a ranger, 12 int
Level 2, go to wizard (general) for 1 level, don't even botehr to spend your skill points.
Level 3 and up : Ranger all the way.

Equip him/her as a ranger. Good weapons, armor, etc. The only spells you should have memorized are Identify Magic and mage armor. Mage armor is only for emergancies because it's only going to last 2 minutes (it's backed up by the power of a level 1 mage..even if you're 19th , sorry). Hot key your armor so you can pop it off at the push of a button to cast your spells.

You fight like a ranger, cast spells like a ranger...

And can now use every mage wand and spell you stumble across. Wands of Fire. Scrolls of Horrid Wilting. Time Stops. You'll have to keep two extra magic bags in your inventory, one for all the wands and one for the vast collection of spells you will amass.

Every mage quest is now open to you. Every alchemy lab can now be used by you (albeit you're casting from scrolls, not naturally). And you're still basically a ranger who can fight like the devil.

Probably the best ranger combination in my opinion.

Of course I prefer doing the same thing with a paladin, but that's just me.