Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2003, 02:10 PM   #1
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I was reading through a spell and where it said the levels nessisary, it said something like:

Sorcerer (3), Wizard (3), Blackguard (2)

What is a blackguard?
Old 04-29-2003, 05:17 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

An evil Paladin [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Technically, it's a LG paladin who has committed a TRULY evil act and switched to LE. There is probably a fine distinction between a blackguard and an anti-paladin but it somehow escapes me at the moment.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 06:50 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well the Anti-Paladin ain't religious.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:48 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

A blackguard is a prestige class. In 3rd edition, they have prestige classes that you can qualify to take levels in. Any class can qualify to be a blackguard; they just have to have an evil alignment, and need to have the required feats, skills, etc.

Blackguards are essentially evil paladins, with twisted versions of many of the paladin powers. They need not have been paladins before; nothing is stopping a wizard, bard, etc. from qualifying for blackguard. They get divine spells as they rise in level (similar to a paladin), and the number next to the class name in the spell is the spell level of that spell on the Blackguard's spell list. In your example, the spell would be a 3rd level spell for wizards and sorcerers, and a 2nd level spell for blackguards.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 03:53 PM   #6
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Okay Gotcha, But I saw other classes like this I can't remember what they were... Is it possible to actually make Blackguard your official class?
Old 05-07-2003, 05:19 PM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

From what I've seen, the toolset lets you edit everything BUT the player character itself. So the official answer would be 'no'. There might well be trainers and the like around which do let you edit your characters, or let you create new classesof your own, in which case I'm sure the game will recognise the Blackguard class. I haven't felt the need to go searching for those yet, though, so if they can be found, don't ask me where
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 11:10 PM   #8
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
From what I've seen, the toolset lets you edit everything BUT the player character itself. So the official answer would be 'no'. There might well be trainers and the like around which do let you edit your characters, or let you create new classesof your own, in which case I'm sure the game will recognise the Blackguard class. I haven't felt the need to go searching for those yet, though, so if they can be found, don't ask me where
The new expansion they are releasing (Shadows of Undretide, don't know if spelling is right) will have the Blackguard as one of the Prestige Classes.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 07:58 AM   #9
ecarletti
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SoU will include 5 prestige class :
Arcane archer,
Harper scout,
Shadow dancer,
Blackguard,
Assassin.

A prestige class is a king of "super-class" you could
get IF you meet the requirements. It does not impose