Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-22-2005, 04:10 AM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Lemme know what you think:

femal drow monk 2/paladin 2/cleric or ilmater 26
(should I go monk 3 for still mind?)this is my cleric/tank

deep gnome rogue 1/monk 2/cleric of bane 1/illusionist 26
(maybe i will add one level to monk(still mind), and cleric (no xp penalty)and two to rogue(better sneak attack) and end up illusionist 22)this is my decoy/wizard

male drow bard 11/sorcerer 19
i am advancing him to bard 11, and will squat until sorcerer 10, when I will start advancing him normally and take an xp penalty after sorcerer 12 (maybe I'll squat for a while then too)

male drow sorcerer 29/paladin 1
I wont take that pally level until in heart of fury mode.

\

i played through the prologue with no problems, but i have a bad feeling that my lack of tanks (even with that awesome decoy gnome) will come back to bite me.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:43 AM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Your lack of tanks probably won't hurt you.

A few comments:

1. Solid build, remember that as long as you take the monk and paladin levels first you can still chose any cleric type that you want.

2. Part of the Uber AC build is having enough cleric levels to cast Divine Shield, but this isn't necessarily needed. You'd have to sacrifice half of your wizard levels, and there would be an xp penalty. Also, even though it's his favored class, don't take illusionist! They don't get shield or Tenser's Transformation, severely impairing your defensive spell list for the decoy.

3. I think I need to go shoot something. I wanted a bard/sorcerer, but, due to a long break from IWD2, I completely forgot about level squatting. Good choice for you, your guy will be better than it's (gasp!)human counterpart.

4. Shweetness. Of course, I prefer two levels of paladin, but one works too. Keep in mind there is little difference in sorcerer28 and sorcerer30.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:56 AM   #3
Karrde
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I cant imagine a drow being a (lawful good) paladin. Just two worlds clashing together [img]smile.gif[/img]
Karrde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:34 PM   #4
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:

2. Part of the Uber AC build is having enough cleric levels to cast Divine Shield, but this isn't necessarily needed. You'd have to sacrifice half of your wizard levels, and there would be an xp penalty. Also, even though it's his favored class, don't take illusionist! They don't get shield or Tenser's Transformation, severely impairing your defensive spell list for the decoy.
With the 1 level of cleric, the illusionist penalty disappears and i will be able to cast arcane spells from any school. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:

With the 1 level of cleric, the illusionist penalty disappears and i will be able to cast arcane spells from any school. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Oh. You could have said that before I added general mage levels onto my guy .
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #6
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...;f=23;t=001795

I did.