Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2003, 11:14 AM   #41
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
As for the original Topic, I'm SOOO glad they finally caught the guy. Richard Jewel got such a bad wrap years ago, I felt very sorry for him. I didn't think they'd ever find out who the Olympics bomber was, I'm so glad that he's been captured now and can rot in jail now instead of make bombs with nails, etc. to hurt innocent people.! We should all be happy! F*&^^er was finally caught!
I'm also glad Rudolph is finally behind bars where he belongs. Hopefully this will provide closure for many people, especially those like Emily Lyons who are still suffering from the effects of Rudolph's actions.

On a somewhat ironic sidenote, during the initial hearing for Eric Robert Rudolph in Birmingham, the judge had to determine whether or not he would be eligible for Release on Bond --- Yeah, that's a good idea, let's release this guy that it just took us 5 years to find. Naturally, bond was denied.

BTW, if anybody happens to see Timber Loftis, send him this way. I would like to hear how he would go about trying to defend Eric Robert Rudolph (hypothetically speaking, of course ) if he were chosen as Rudolph's attorney.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:39 AM   #42
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
On a somewhat ironic sidenote, during the initial hearing for Eric Robert Rudolph in Birmingham, the judge had to determine whether or not he would be eligible for Release on Bond --- Yeah, that's a good idea, let's release this guy that it just took us 5 years to find. Naturally, bond was denied.

You know somewhat coincidentally Cerek We have/had a Dentist here who was raping his teenage patients, he is a foreign national (from south america I think) was very wealthy and left out on bail and had promised to showup for his trial....amazingly they can't seem to locate him now..his house was packed up and no one home....go figure.

Old 06-04-2003, 12:59 PM   #43
Lil Lil

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Moni, Lil Lil. whichever.

Take note, I will NOT allow you to continue your type of behavior on this Forum. You know the rules here, but you keep coming back, and starting crap with people. We all know you have something against Cedric. I have no idea what, and could care less.

BUT, You will stop harassing/Arguing members. And it seems that everytime we call you on something, you either think we hate you or you just leave for a few Months and come back under a new name. And now, you are even arguing with the MODERATORS?! You are just alienating yourself

I just want to remind you, also, that just because you've been here for a long time, is in no way 'keeping you safe' from a suspension or a ban.

From now on, don't attack people, where they LIVE). Be polite, and respect everyone--even if you don't like someone or their opinion.

An old saying by Dad told me-- "If you can't say something nice, don't speak at all".

There will be NO FURTHER comment about who's City is what or is....
For the record I don't have anything against Cedric or Cerek. It used to piss me off that he couldn't be respectful to me and wouldn't leave me alone but I don't hold grudges, sorry.

For the record, I don't think you hate me. I think if you did I wouldn't be here. Some of IW's members may not care a whit for me but that's their problem not mine and I don't hold that against them, people are allowed to dislike whomever they please so long as it doesn't hurt anyone as far as I am concerned.

I left ONCE because I was being harassed and came back under a new name because I had asked you to delete my old account. That does not make me a trouble-maker who keeps coming back for more, it only makes me someone who was willing to try again to get along with people here. I am sorry that I gave those IW members the benefit of the doubt.

And yes, being a MODERATOR does not make people GOD and when a MODERATOR wrongly accuses me of whatever by making assumptions I am going to defend myself. That I will not apologize for.

I do apologize for making any statements about Murphy NC here in your online community that hurt people's feelings or ticked them off but "largely white supremacist, anti-government, and militia communitiy" are not my made up description of the place; that has been determined and made public by not just the media but also by the federal government...the same administration that Cerek and Mr. Bman so vehemently defend with harassment aimed at people who don't support president Bush.

Understanding the community and knowing Mr. Bush's history as governor of Texas makes it quite clear to me now why they would like him so much so hey, at least I learned something out of all of this.

[ 06-04-2003, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Lil Lil ]

Old 06-04-2003, 01:47 PM   #44
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Originally posted by Lil Lil:
For the record I don't have anything against Cedric or Cerek. It used to piss me off that he couldn't be respectful to me and wouldn't leave me alone but I don't hold grudges, sorry.

For the record, I don't think you hate me. I think if you did I wouldn't be here. Some of IW's members may not care a whit for me but that's their problem not mine and I don't hold that against them, people are allowed to dislike whomever they please so long as it doesn't hurt anyone as far as I am concerned.
-----------

But you DID hurt someone. That is the point, Moni. And you got to remember to think before you speak, and wonder, 'is this something that may insult someone'. And you don't know exactly who or how many people DID support this terrorist. You are making an assumption.

And yes, being a MODERATOR does not make people GOD
-----------

Nope, it doesn't make us a 'God' lol, but on this forum, there are rules to follow, just like every other community, and those rules WILL be enforced. This is why IW doesn't have huge flame-fests and trolls attacking everyone. We are simply people. People that try very hard to keep this Forum running smoothly for everyone (Including you!!). When a problem comes up, we deal with it. There is no 'god' complex here. We are normal folks, volunteering our time, to keep the peace. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do apologize for making any statements about Murphy NC here in your online community that hurt people's feelings or ticked them off
------------

Thank you! Believe me, (seriously now) it takes more courage to admit when you make a mistake, then to be defensive. I commend you! I know discussions get stressed, and things escalate.. We just gotta know when to stop, and take a deep breath [img]smile.gif[/img] hell, everyone loses it sometimes, ya just gotta remember that there are MANY different cultures, races, gay, straight, (some are slightly bent) and all KINDS! I've had to catch myself a few times before I post a joke or something, because I forget that 1000's of people around the world are here.

at least I learned something out of all of this. [/QB][/QUOTE]
-------------

I just hope that it's this: To remember that there are many people out there, living, breathing, just like you and I. We make mistakes, and make up. Life goes on.. And to remember before you post/reply and you start typing....think. and put yourself in THEIR shoes for a second. It truly hurts people.

PS: Please take this to heart, I'm not just bullshitting with you here. I'm serious.

I will be emailing you on your punishment for the 2 attacks on Ronn and Cerek.
After this suspension, you will never get another chance. next time, you will be permanently banned from Ironworks.

[ 06-04-2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-04-2003, 01:49 PM   #45
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Cerek, where in the state is Murphy? Just wondering so I can get more of a picture in my head of where it is. I've been to Cape Fear and to Apex (just outside of Raliegh). This summer I'll be at Top Sail Island. Is Murphy near any of those places? Like I said, just curious, no other reason for the ?
Old 06-04-2003, 02:27 PM   #46
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Lil/Moni, your reply to Ziroc was riddled with insinuations and accusations against other members and I will not remind you again- that is a direct violation of ToS and you have been warned before not to air you dirty laundry in public. If you have personal disagreements or issues with other IW members, the right thing to do is take it to your pm or email and NOT post accusations or veiled accusations on any thread here.

You've now had four requests from me to cease doing this. I don't feel I have any choice but to recommend you be sanctioned for refusal to follow ToS and ignoring a mod's requests that you do so. I realize you may just forget yourself in the heat of the moment, but as most members seem to find this rule easy enough to follow, I think you can as well.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:27 PM   #47
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
Cerek, where in the state is Murphy? Just wondering so I can get more of a picture in my head of where it is. I've been to Cape Fear and to Apex (just outside of Raliegh). This summer I'll be at Top Sail Island. Is Murphy near any of those places? Like I said, just curious, no other reason for the ?
You're at the wrong end of the state, harleyquinn. Murphy is at the westernmost tip of NC. Just look at the state of NC. Murphy is located right at the very end of the little tip where it meets TN.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:20 PM   #48
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Moni, I won't bother addressing all of the same old Moani-isms you've filled every post with in this thread, but I will again address a false accusation of yours. I will address it this time, and every time you bring it up.

How about we remember the truth of last Fall's exchange, huh? You PM'ed me 6 times, and I PM’ed you 3 times. I emailed you 3 times, and you emailed me twice. You want to insinuate daily emails? What a joke. You PM'ed me 4 times in a 24 hour period to start the ordeal. You contacted me MORE during our dispute than I contacted you, and you actually initiated the private exchanged, but somehow I was the harasser? Wrong answer, choose again. I told you that if you wanted to stop the exchange between us at any time that all you needed to do was stop contacting me. As soon as you stopped, our exchanges ended. It was very simple with no harassment involved.

No one made you leave last fall, and you didn't have to leave to end our exchange, so please stop with the drama queen routine about being harassed. You were NOT being harassed by me, not even in any remote sense of the word, because you were in total control of whether or not the exchange between us continued, but you were a victim... a victim of the "I can dish it out, but I can't take it" disease.

I don't know why you feel you always need to start a battle by making personal attacks when people disagree with your POV, but if you start a battle, don't be surprised when people fight back.

[ 06-04-2003, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 06-04-2003, 03:43 PM   #49
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Moni, I won't bother addressing all of the same old Moani-isms you've filled every post with in this thread, but I will again address a false accusation of yours. I will address it this time, and every time you bring it up.

How about we remember the truth of last Fall's exchange, huh? You PM'ed me 6 times, and I PM’ed you 3 times. I emailed you 3 times, and you emailed me twice. You want to insinuate daily emails? What a joke. You PM'ed me 4 times in a 24 hour period to start the ordeal. You contacted me MORE during our dispute than I contacted you, and you actually initiated the private exchanged, but somehow I was the harasser? Wrong answer, choose again. I told you that if you wanted to stop the exchange between us at any time that all you needed to do was stop contacting me. As soon as you stopped, our exchanges ended. It was very simple with no harassment involved.

No one made you leave last fall, and you didn't have to leave to end our exchange, so please stop with the drama queen routine about being harassed. You were NOT being harassed by me, not even in any remote sense of the word, because you were in total control of whether or not the exchange between us continued, but you were a victim... a victim of the "I can dish it out, but I can't take it" disease.

I don't know why you feel you always need to start a battle by making personal attacks when people disagree with your POV, but if you start a battle, don't be surprised when people fight back.
Just to back up His claims, I looked at the PM logs (not the actual PMs) and see that his account is dead on. Since our logs go back to March 2001, we always keep ALL logs on archive.

We all know that Moni attacked first, and that she indeed broke the rules (multipule rules infact) and is now, suspended for 1 Month.

The Mods and I will ALWAYS defend someone from personal attacks on person or place or creed.

Since everything seems clear now [img]smile.gif[/img] , Let's discuss what this terrorist will get. Anyone think it'll be life in prison or death?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-04-2003, 03:50 PM   #50
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I think he will get the death penalty. I believe that's why the DoJ decided that he'd be tried in Birmingham AL first. They feel like they will be able to get the Death Penalty there easier than in Atlanta GA.