Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2002, 12:52 AM   #61
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:

quote:
A third person, I actually had to revive after they hanged themself to the point of passing out.
after you revived them did they thank you or did they try to kill themself again?[/QUOTE]Three times they attempted in the one night. Three times I waited until they passed out, removed the noose and revived them.

They are still alive today and haven't attempted since.

[ 06-15-2002, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-15-2002, 04:30 AM   #62
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Three times they attempted in the one night. Three times I waited until they passed out, removed the noose and revived them.

Were you with them when they were doing this?
Did you walk in on it or were you there when they tried it the first time? What about the second and third?
You should've just taken their rope!

Old 06-15-2002, 06:25 AM   #63
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Three times they attempted in the one night. Three times I waited until they passed out, removed the noose and revived them.

Were you with them when they were doing this?
Did you walk in on it or were you there when they tried it the first time? What about the second and third?
You should've just taken their rope!
[/QUOTE]They did the Michael Hutchence trick of a belt around the doorknob ( a locked door).

I broke the lock, removed the bloody belt, and then took it, yes. The second and third times there was no lock obviously, but they had other belts. After the third time, I scoured the place for belts, grabbed them all and left.

It was extremely distressing for me, abd I don't know if I want to go into it further....

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-15-2002, 07:22 AM   #64
Epona
Zartan

I know one person who made a real attempt -
He was an addicted gambler, spent years stealing money from his wife and lying to cover his tracks. He had been dealing with it, and hadn't gambled for ages - but 'fell off the wagon' just as he was approaching the 1 year mark. Everyone had been congratulating him about reaching a major milestone and he felt so ashamed he drove off to a secluded spot with several bottles of pills and booze. He didn't say a word to anyone, and didn't leave a note.

Fortunately he was found by someone walking their dog, and didn't try again. Surviving that seemed to be a turning point for him.
Old 06-15-2002, 07:32 AM   #65
Lord Shield

hmmm - there are really 3 different cases here I would say.

The first being the ACTUAL suicides. These are the ones most likely to succeed because they just do it. Youy don't find them until after :S

second - the real suicide attempts that are halted. Unless they are dealt with soon, they will up and try it AGAIN

third - the attention seekers. They aren't REALLY trying to top themselves, they are just crying for help, want someone to help them up from their dedspair

Old 06-15-2002, 07:51 AM   #66
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
So, when you folks are feeling suicidal how due you manage to get yourself up on your feet again? And if you don't get 'up on your feet again' how would you, y'know, do it?
hm
in order to get me on my feet, is feeling of security and music

but then I go down big time, I make sure that I get a right type of gun and shoot right so I don't survive. BLAM! no pain
Old 06-15-2002, 02:11 PM   #67
Moni

Quote:
They did the Michael Hutchence trick of a belt around the doorknob ( a locked door).

I broke the lock, removed the bloody belt, and then took it, yes. The second and third times there was no lock obviously, but they had other belts. After the third time, I scoured the place for belts, grabbed them all and left.

It was extremely distressing for me, abd I don't know if I want to go into it further....
I can imagine! Well I am glad for you that they've decided it is better to live. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-15-2002, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]