Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-05-2002, 03:53 AM   #1
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Just wondering what the international community thinks of the country I call home -

Have you heard of it?
Are we known for anything other than the All Blacks?
Do you know what the All Blacks are?

Add anything you want (good or bad [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) I'm just curious as to whether we make the news around the world or if we really are as insignificant as I think [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2002, 03:58 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ok... Ill add something:
Those NZders think that they are SOOO good at cricket after they beat us.... let them just wait until next time.... they have it comin 4 them. Actually im not really sure wat the majority of Kiwi land think but a gal in my class is a kiwi and I didnt hear the end of it when they kept on beating us in the cricket
Old 04-05-2002, 04:16 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Ok, things I know about NewZealand...
Your capital is Aukland, main cities are Wellington, and Christchurch.
The country consists of 2 islands, the North and the South. Called creatively enough the North and South islands.
The southern cross on your flag has only 4 stars, and is coloured red.
Besides the missing federation star, and small star of the southern cross, your flag is the same as ours. If you cant tell the differance between red and white stars.
Its called New Zealand, even though theres no place called Zealand.
You, like us, were originally a Brittish colony.
Your football (Rugby for the Brits and Yanks) team is called the All Blacks.
You are two hours ahead of NSW in Summer, possibly 3 hours ahead in Winter... im unsure if you have Daylight savings over there.
You are a little to the East of Australia.
At one stage, the stupid inhumans known as politicians were thinking about Merging you with us.
Your national bird is the Kiwi.
Your national nick name (such as Americans being Yanks, English being Brits or Poms, Canadians being Kanooks etc) is the "Kiwi".
Old 04-05-2002, 04:29 AM   #4
Downunda

Thanks for your reply Sookma, just a few minor discepancies [img]tongue.gif[/img]

1) Our capital is Wellington (even though Auckland is our largest city)
2) There is a place called Zeeland (Abel Tasman named us)
3) We still are a british colony (and so was Aussie last I heard) [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Aside from these you did bloody good (I never knew that about our flag [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 04-05-2002, 04:37 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
Thanks for your reply Sookma, just a few minor discepancies [img]tongue.gif[/img]

1) Our capital is Wellington (even though Auckland is our largest city)
2) There is a place called Zeeland (Abel Tasman named us)
3) We still are a british colony (and so was Aussie last I heard) [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Aside from these you did bloody good (I never knew that about our flag [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Australia isnt a Brittish colony as such anymore... the Queen is still our head of state, but we have our own government and our own constitution.

And as for 2) Sure, theres a place called Zeeland... but is there a place called Zealand ?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2002, 04:41 AM   #6
Downunda

Just slap me with a cold fish and call me a dumb-ass Kiwi
Old 04-05-2002, 04:44 AM   #7
Glorfindel

~Slaps Downunda with a cold fish~ "U dumb-

ARSE

Kiwi.:

NOTE: NOTICE THE SPELLING MATE!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2002, 04:46 AM   #8
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:

Its called New Zealand, even though there's no place called Zealand.
Isn't Zeeland the old name for The Netherlands?
Old 04-05-2002, 04:46 AM   #9
Glorfindel

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:

Sookma

O dear... I wonder if u 2 might not get along so well ne more
Old 04-05-2002, 04:48 AM   #10
Downunda

Nah, Sookmacook is what Lennon used to have as a screen name - I thought it was bloody good so it's what I call him