Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2001, 03:12 AM   #31
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by TheDutkanator:
OOC: FINE!! BE THAT WAY!! J/K lol Just let me know when they are ready to set out, and we will set up a meeting. Somehow, I will approach them (or vice versa) and we'll see what happens. That route would leave a lot of what happens largely up to the other players, but I think I could work myself a way into their party. How about that?

ahem, but I recommand you not do

a shadowy figure come out "hello everyone!"

LOL, think of something creative, tell me whatever you need, I will help

Old 10-31-2001, 03:36 AM   #32
TheDutkanator

After a hot meal and some rest, Kendril gets some time to think. He pulls the cowl of his cloak as low as possible and goes down to the Shady Slums Rat Hole Tavern and picks a spot in the corner. The barmaid comes over hardly paying him any attention and asks him, "Whadda'ya want?" He orders a standard ale and surveys the tavern. His eyes pan back and forth, back and forth before they come to rest on a half-way decent looking human. Obviously a peasant, and seeming quite miserable. Kendril gets up and approaches the man. He sits at his table and the man hardly notices.
Showing unusual compassion (as he is a good actor), he asks the man, "What seems to be the trouble Sir?"

The man looks up in astonishment. No one had ever given him enough respect to call him 'Sir' before. "I lost me job this afternoon. I'm down to me last coffer and haven't a place go. I fear I'll be sleepin on this streets this night."

*Why are you wasting all your money on liqour then?* He thought. "What would you say if I offered you this (he produces 3 gold pieces) in return for your services?"

The man's eyes light up. He instantly seems doubly more sober than 3 seconds ago. "What is it you would have me do?"

"I am to meet some friends of mine shortly. Not tonight, but soon. The problem is, they aren't exactly expecting me. I need you to go and introduce me to them before we actually meet."

"If they are your friends, why not just go to them? Why the introduction first?"

*Now the delicate part* He thinks for a moment... He then slips a hand out of his leather glove (did I mention he was wearing gloves? Gotta conceal identity). The man gasps and was just about to shout when Kendril slips a Tanto from somewhere unknown and has it at his throat in seconds. These kind of scenes are commonplace in this particular tavern.

In his customary deathly calm tone and visage he says, "Now listen to me...I offer you gold for your services. A simple task at that. If you refuse, or if you reveal my identity...."

He let the threat hang for just a moment. Then, "Well?"

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 10-31-2001, 03:54 AM   #33
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The man stared into the eyes of his employer for a moment, filling the bonechill gaze. He carefully relaxed his muscle, then nodded slowly, there is not much he could do anyway...

"So, what'd ya want me to say?"
Old 10-31-2001, 04:17 AM   #34
TheDutkanator

Kendril replaced his tanto and sat back in his chair. "This is a very delicate matter as you can see. You must take all caution when proceeding. Now listen carefully..."

Kendril lays out the plan to the man. When the time is right, he will introduce himself to the travelling party. He will offer the services of his 'associate' and ask for nothing in return except the chance to see some adventure and to get out of town. He is not to say anything about the elf's heritage. He is to build as much worth as possible in Kendril and basically 'sell' his abilities. The rest will have to be played out by ear as Kendril is completely unsure about the reactions of the party. He can only hope that the revealing of his skin doesn't end up in a fight for his life.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
Old 10-31-2001, 04:30 AM   #35
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The man nodded comprehensively, he began to grasp the idea, however, he appeared to be dumb, and only remembered the words but not the meanings. He had not dealt with anything close to even one eighth of a drow, but he surely knew that the less one hears, the more chances for life

At the end, h;e fearfully asked: "so, where and when do I find the party?"

OOC: you don't know yet, all you know is Sunnyvile, and it is too late for the man to travel you might have to find another way

a hint though, they might be on a short hunting quest before they set out for the real quest. so you can seek opportunities along that line
Old 10-31-2001, 04:37 AM   #36
TheDutkanator

Kendril leaves abruptly and seeks out any and all of his contacts he has/may have. He asks them about a dwarf and halfling traveling together going by the name of Res and Vangard.

OOC: What spells do I have? I need to know the exact functions of the new magic ring I got in case it has any undesirable effects before I start using it.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
Old 10-31-2001, 05:12 AM   #37
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:

Level 1:
Magic Missle
Armor
Detect Secret Passage

Level 2:
Cat's Grace
Web

Level 3:
Invisibility
Old 10-31-2001, 05:18 AM   #38
TheDutkanator

Kendril has a few hours before his informants return, so he seeks out a magician to decipher the abilities of his new ring.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
Old 10-31-2001, 05:38 AM   #39
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

A man sat in the corner of the bar, dressed in robe
Old 10-31-2001, 05:53 AM   #40
TheDutkanator

I approach the man and show him the ring. "What do you make of this?"

------------------

Let's get'em guen!