Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2002, 11:10 AM   #1
Arquendil Lorigollo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I started a game (SoA) recently as a Kensai with the intent of dual-classing to a mage, however after reaching level 9 the dual-class option was still not available.

My players stats were all high enough to warrant the mage class:
Human
Neutral Good
Kensai

Strength- 13
Dexterity- 18
Constitution- 18
Intelligence- 18
Wisdom- 18
Charisma- 08

I assigned five proficiency slots towards the Kitana and one towards Two-Weapon-style. (At level nine I assigned one more slot towards TWS)

Are there certain limiting factors the would disallow me to dual-class to a mage? Such as assigning proficiencies to weapons not available to mages?

Any help would be appreciated. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-12-2002, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Arquendil Lorigollo ]
Arquendil Lorigollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 11:47 AM   #2
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Arquendil Lorigollo:
I started a game (SoA) recently as a Kensai with the intent of dual-classing to a mage, however after reaching level 9 the dual-class option was still not available.

My players stats were all high enough to warrant the mage class:
Human
Neutral Good
Kensai

Strength- 13
Dexterity- 18
Constitution- 18
Intelligence- 18
Wisdom- 18
Charisma- 08

I assigned five proficiency slots towards the Kitana and one towards Two-Weapon-style. (At level nine I assigned one more slot towards TWS)

Are there certain limiting factors the would disallow me to dual-class to a mage? Such as assigning proficiencies to weapons not available to mages?

Any help would be appreciated. [img]smile.gif[/img]
To Dual class, you must have at least 15 in the primary stats of your first class and 17 at least in the primary stats of your second class (the one you are dualing to). Strength is the primary stat for any fighter kit. Your strength is not high enough, increase it to 15 at least (must be 15 BASE, items do not count). That is the only problem i can see. Proficiencies will not have ANY affect on dual classing.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 12:38 PM   #3
Arquendil Lorigollo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That did it. Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Arquendil Lorigollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 09:39 PM   #4
Ninja Blade x
Welcomed New User

really? i used shadowmaster and lowered my stats to 10 each as a full-bred fighter and dual-classed to a mage. how is this so?
Old 10-13-2002, 11:19 PM   #5
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Blade x:
really? i used shadowmaster and lowered my stats to 10 each as a full-bred fighter and dual-classed to a mage. how is this so?
Should not be possible, probably something to do with Shadowkeeper.

BTW, welcome to Escape! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

[ 10-13-2002, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 10-14-2002, 08:02 AM   #6
Dev
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Shadow keep doesn't change all the required flags/stats.

You gave one example another would be changing say an elf to a human which doesn't enable dual classing for that char.

/dev
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote