Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-23-2003, 03:17 PM   #1
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok, Powergamers will poopoo this. So what.

For real fun, and, to torture your enemies, give them E-Motion Sickness.

Cast Greater Malison. Cast Teleport Field. Cast Emotion: Hopelessness.

Horrible motion sickness takes over your foes, being whisked around from place to place, leaving them horribly nauseated and unable to move [img]smile.gif[/img] While they try to lay down and let the motion sickness pass, an invisible force grabs them by their ankles and gives them an airplane ride, and, lets go of them, sending them flying and skidding face down in the dirt.

It's not the spells you use, it's how cruel you can be while using them.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 11:50 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Smart powergamers will not boo this tactic. They be dumb to disregard this tactic. Greater Malison + Emotion alone is one of my all-time favourite tactic. When enemies are unconsicious, all swings at them are automatic hits. Most of the battles in the game become walkovers because of this tactic.

Koshi and company? Make them suck their thumbs!

Mencar Pebblecrusher? Kick them around while they whimper on the floor!

Giants? See them curl up in a fetal position!

Etc... ...

Emotion is one of the most powerful spells a Wizard can have, and any player that thinks otherwise is missing out a lot of fun. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

This is one of my top-favourite Spell Sequencer combinations,

Greater Malison + Emotion + Slow
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:02 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

As for... sadistic/weird usage of spells...

Any Hold/Stun spell + Darts of Wounding.

"Can you feel it? Your lifeforce ebbing away as the sensation of hopelessness overwhelms you. Don't worry... death will come for you... eventually."

Feeblemind + Punch

You ain't seen nothing yet till you have seen your Mage PUNCH a Dragon unconsicious.

Any Fear spell + Melf's Acid Arrows

"Run fool! Run while the very skin on your body melts away into nothingness. Run all you want, but know that in the end... it is just futile to avoid the fate that I have cursed upon you."

Maze/Imprison + Trap-Based Spells

After caging somebody, lay the zone with multiple castings of Trap-Based Spells( Skull Traps, Symbols, Delayed Blast Fireball, etc...) then free them.

"I'M FREEEEAIYEEEE!!!!"

----
These are just some examples. When you play as a Wizard multiple times through the game, you tend to formulate all kinds of whacked up combinations to amuse yourself and torture your enemies.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:09 AM   #4
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

cept they don't come back from imprison so you have to maze them. tactic still works just not with that spell
Old 02-24-2003, 02:58 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Freedom.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:23 AM   #6
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

lol, you tried to correct dundee (needless to say, I wouldnt be game...)
Old 02-24-2003, 08:32 AM   #7
daan
Silver Dragon

LoL, Karlosevic has been witness to quite a few unique events already I guess .. not only have you been qouted by Weimer (" WoW !, I've been qouted by weimer) , but you got to see someone try and correct Dundee as well.
You lucky bastard
Old 02-24-2003, 09:23 AM   #8
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
LoL, Karlosevic has been witness to quite a few unique events already I guess .. not only have you been qouted by Weimer (" WoW !, I've been qouted by weimer) , but you got to see someone try and correct Dundee as well.
You lucky bastard
not sure if Im more suprised that anyone noticed, or anyone remembered
lol
Old 02-24-2003, 09:31 AM   #9
daan
Silver Dragon

It was in a post I searched for about torgal [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2003, 10:49 AM   #10
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by karlosovic:
Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
You lucky bastard
not sure if Im more suprised that anyone noticed, or anyone remembered
lol
[/QUOTE]Karlosovic go to this thread and see that people can correct Dundee... although ofcorse he knows a lot but he's only human... and we will make mistake's occasionally....

I do not wanna brag, but just wanted to show Karlosovic another unique event....

[ 02-24-2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]