Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-24-2001, 10:45 PM   #191
Greadius
The Magister

Misunderstood statements fly abounds...
I wasn't saying to keep it nice to you Harris, I always try to say that every now and again so people are reminded before they post in response to me... since I tread on the line. They were seperate thoughts and I didn't do a good job of seperating them so it was my english mistake.
And I still think this economic idea is overly pessimistic. The US economy and world economy have been in much worse shape many more times and have survived.
And now to tread the line some more...

Gaelic: So what you're saying is you can't prove it, but will continue to say it to insult Mr. Gore's war record.
And Time is as liberal as Rush? This liberal media myth... throwing a link out here which you might want to read and respond to, on the board if you like... http://www.bartcop.com/libmedia.htm

Old 06-24-2001, 10:51 PM   #192
Greadius
The Magister

And I knew I'd find something interesting that I could site a source on...
Honor & Dignity in the White House?
http://bartcop.com/624chen.htm
Tisk, tisk... where is Ken Starr when you need him?
Old 06-24-2001, 11:26 PM   #193
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Greadius:
Misunderstood statements fly abounds...
I wasn't saying to keep it nice to you Harris, I always try to say that every now and again so people are reminded before they post in response to me... since I tread on the line. They were seperate thoughts and I didn't do a good job of seperating them so it was my english mistake.
And I still think this economic idea is overly pessimistic. The US economy and world economy have been in much worse shape many more times and have survived.
And now to tread the line some more...

Glad to hear it Greadius, as for the Engish mistakes don't worry about it. I'm not an english teacher. Now for the really scarry thought I'm probibily the most optimistic person you'll ever meet. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, even if it is the oncoming train. But hey atleast you can see for awhile before it runs over you
Don't get me wrong I don't want a colapse to happen, but if it does I want my family near. I'd be mad enough to eat scrap iron and poop nails if I had to drive across the country, and shoot some folks along the way to retrive one of my daughters
All countries fall sooner or later, for what ever reason. In my nearly 40 years on this planet I have seen a slide in the moral fabric of this country. Not just the religious, but the basic civility. Kids killing each other for shoes, or because somthing was said. It's not a conserve.-liberal thing it more a city-country thing. I don't know if you've been through a hurricane, but I've seen people fight over candles in the grocery store because they didn't prepare themselves. Fighting over wax and a string go figure.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 06-25-2001, 12:34 AM   #194
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I read the news today, oh boy!

"Putin vows nuclear buildup against U.S. missile defense."

"Powell dismisses threat of renewed arms race."

Hello, why would Putin be kidding?

"Critics of the missile defense system argue that its deployment by the U.S. would touch off an arms race, with Russia and China taking steps to build up their arsenals to overwhelm the U.S. defense shield."

Putin said about the Missile Defense Plan and ending of the ABM Treaty,"This means that all countries, including Russia, will have the right to install multiple warheads carrying nuclear waepons on their missiles." He said that for Russia, installing multiple nuclear warheads on existing missiles "is the cheapest response."

George Gedda, The Associated Press

Way to go Bush!

Mark

[This message has been edited by skywalker (edited 06-24-2001).]
I seriously doubt Russia will rebuild the nuclear program. Especially since we seem to be dismantling it in Oak Ridge TN. They don't have the money to do that. They can't even keep their nuclear navy afloat (There nuclear problems may be worse in the long run for this world than Kyoto!). As far as there war machine goes, well just find a newspaper and read how they are subduing the Chechens. They have to many other problems to deal with. Putin is probably wanting some more money. We probably ought to give it to him too.

China is a whole different ball game though, especially since we gave them all our plans for our nuclear arsenal. Of course, would they really want to bomb their biggest customer? I highly doubt it. I bet we are the number 1 importor of chinese goods in the world. Again Economics comes into play. You know one of these days we might quite fighting actual combat wars and just start running other countries economys into the ground. Hadn't thought of that... have to think on it some more.

As far as the Al Gore thing goes. Here's some articles http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/art...1999Dec30.html
http://www.findarticles.com/m1282/22.../article.jhtml

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 06-25-2001, 02:56 AM   #195
Greadius
The Magister

Pair of wonderful articles relating to Gore. I won't harp on the lies since they both seemed like out of context quotes... the writers make it sound like they were hovering over his shoulder. Remember his job was as a reporter... is that like the benchwarmer saying "We won the championship"? Or a matter of describing mentality... shot or be shot at.

Harris... I'd agree with you on the decline of civilization if I thought for a second it was actually declining. Memories have a way of glossing over the bad stuff, and there are simply alot of evils that went below the radar, in the more recent past and especially before history was painstakingly preserved.
Somewhere in my optimism, I have a feeling that combining the citizens who want to live peacefully and the constitution protecting gunloons far outnumber any survivalist anarchists that would potentially attempt to turn this country into an wasteland.
I'd be willing to bet that for every one person who would potentially travel the land in violents fits of self gratification, there would be two people who would enjoy sitting on their roof with rifles looking for something to protect their family from.

Old 06-25-2001, 08:08 AM   #196
Gaelic
Elminster

Sorry I don't keep a notebook of links to political lies. I guess you'll have to take my word as a man of honor that what I say is true. I followed the campaign very closely and I know what I say is fact. If you'd like to stay in denial about Gore's character, I suppose that's your business.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-25-2001, 05:41 PM   #197
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

You all read this articale. You also may want to read the articles associated with this one. Especially about the "minis". Can't see them catching on here, but you never know. All it takes is a little advertising genius.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/586532.asp?0sp=b1b1

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 07-10-2001, 03:44 PM   #198
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

bumped for Tracey - she mailed me she was looking for it.

------------------

Old 07-10-2001, 05:27 PM   #199
Gaelic
Elminster

Hehe, I saw it pop up and was puzzled.

------------------
Gaelic