Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2001, 06:04 PM   #21
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Well it's been a late one tonight, but the Aussies have strolled in to win the first one dayer against Pakistan. Were you watching England!!!!!!

Here we go
Here we go
Here we go

Mumble mumble mumble...... *some sort of excuse about the wrong kind of grass on the pitch*. Wait till we bring Botham out of retirement. etc...

As for the Lions, I'm hoping, maybe like everyone else, there are a going to be a couple of great matches, whoever wins. They're both great teams.

Right, back to marsh snorkling - something we can win beat the world at (for the moment).

Old 06-09-2001, 06:13 PM   #22
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by antonius:
Funniest thing when we played the All-blacks a couple of years ago and England just turned their backs on the Haka. We got accused of insulting the culture.
It's certainly impressive, but it's sport - how would the world feel if we insisted on a 10 minute morris dance before any sporting event?
If you danced a Morris dance for a few minutes before a rugby game in New Zealand we would respect it. The South Pacific Island teams have traditional dances they use before matches.

The REAL irony is that when the haka is performed for visitors it is actually a test to see if the "visitors" are trustworthy. If they lose their temper in the face of the challenge they fail, and are not fit to be allowed access. so, the English team failed the test

As for the sheep jokes, well you guys obviuosly don't know enough kiwi ladies. With women like us who needs sheep

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk

[This message has been edited by kiwidoc (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-09-2001, 06:38 PM   #23
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

yup i play rugby and watch it too its a great sport to play. Come on the British Lions!!!!!!!

------------------

"Sorry This is the Non Smoking Section Only"
Old 06-11-2001, 05:50 AM   #24
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Can West Australia play Rugby or what. Locals are raving that their effort against the Lions was the best from the locals in many a year. It was the first time they have scored a try against a touring side in 20 years, and the first time ever that they have scored two tries in a game against tourists. This new breed of British Lion must really SUCK (ducks quickly to avid hand grenades from Antonius and Donut) .

I agree completely, they probably will suck - England have already beaten Australia recently (Ok, home match and _very_ close) as well as SA, and dominating 6 nations. Assuming they play to the strengths of the better players (not a given since Henry is also the Wales coach) they should do OK though.
And nobody mention Cricket
Old 06-11-2001, 06:34 AM   #25
Donut
Jack Burton

I've always thought that England should do the hokey cokey before a match

Western Australia were very poor but the were some outside players included at the request of the WRU. Yes they scored two tries but it's hard to maintain concentration when you're scoring 116 points. Lucky they had a cricket scoreboard available.

Saturday's match against Queensland will be the first big test of the Lions. Queensland will have 12 test players available and the Lions are likely to bring out the big guns (Martin Johnson & Dallaglio - if fit). Tomorrow's game will see Jason Robinson (from Rugby league) make his first start.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas

[This message has been edited by Donut (edited 06-11-2001).]
Old 06-11-2001, 07:58 AM   #26
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Donut, I missed Australia's innings against England. I saw that England compiled a pretty big total (4 for 269) against the Aussies, one that would have been pretty hard to chase. Mind telling me what the score was, mate? Did England canter to victory as expected?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 06-11-2001).]
Old 06-11-2001, 08:11 AM   #27
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

{Blatant Lie Mode On}
England won easily.
{Blatant Lie Mode Off}
Actually it was pretty promising. England have pretty poor form in 1 day matches (to say the least!), but we looked quite good - especially the debutant (Shah) and Hollioake.
I think the single most important thing is that one-dayers are not important over here. Look at the number of matches our most experienced players have played. Compare to rest of world.
I don't seriously expect us to win the Ashes (this year), but things look promising.
Old 06-11-2001, 09:27 AM   #28
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Donut, I missed Australia's innings against England. I saw that England compiled a pretty big total (4 for 269) against the Aussies, one that would have been pretty hard to chase. Mind telling me what the score was, mate? Did England canter to victory as expected?

Hey Memnoch - as much as I like to keep you in the picture with regard to International sport I think it's about time you took some responsibility upon your own shoulders. In Europe and the US we have access to a thing called 'the Internet' it's really great, we can see the scores of all kinds of events. When it comes to Australia you should try it.

Surely it was you that thought Australia would canter to victory. I hope you had your brown trousers on when you were watching

Wait till we lose the pyjamas and get into some whites. Then we'll see who's

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-11-2001, 09:37 AM   #29
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

I thought we had it with 10 overs remaining.
I thought we had it with 5 overs remaining.
Then Ealham got hit for 10 in 1 over.
I still thought we had a chance.
The Hollioake got hit for 6 on his last ball.
1 over left, I went to the bar and bought another pint, sat down and thought 'Oh B&*$@r'.

Very good game to watch though.
Old 06-11-2001, 09:53 AM   #30
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Actually I have a theory.
It wasn't England playing. Since when has blue been an English colour?
So just who did the Aussies beat?
Must have been Scotland

{stupid thing decided I wanted to post before I actually did}

[This message has been edited by antonius (edited 06-11-2001).]