Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 07:16 PM   #21
Titan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like my fighters, blades and axes win the fight.

1 paladin
1 fighter
1 ranger
1 cleric
1 mage/thief (a mage that can use a bow)
1 bounty hunter
Old 03-12-2001, 08:09 PM   #22
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I was actually talking about the early quests, the initial dungeon should be a piece of cake.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 11:38 PM   #23
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok, now I have though of a little problem. After the swashbuckler have dualled, I have no thief, so I have to wait for the mage to reach level 11 to get the thief-skills back. Not good.

I don't think the early quests will be that hard either since I will have a ranger/cleric and a fighter/mage by then.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:48 PM   #24
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Are you sure the ranger/cleric and fighter/mage will be fully dualed by then? Jon's initial dungeon don't offer that much experiences.....unless you dual right from the start....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-13-2001, 01:38 AM   #25
Rikard

Someone asked why dual class a ranger/cleric
Well see it this way
a level 9 fighter or ranger won't benefit that much from leving up
But a cleric does
By multiclassing you will have a slower spell progression

------------------
The Legend Rikard T'Aranaxz

Master Necromancer
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF

Old 03-13-2001, 03:33 AM   #26
Minsc Gundam
Welcomed New User

i used to like minsc in BG1 because of the war cry but in BG2 minsc become a noisy, annoying guy...

Undead Hunters (paladins) have too many good weapons to pick...hard to resist..
A monk will be a perfect scouting guy (l like the magic resistances+trap detection+stealth ability)
Bounty Hunter is very useful with its special traps but i doubt the reality of resting and placing a lot of traps in front of an empty before its turns red. It's not realistic since every normal enemy should become suspicious

A druid (Jaheira) has a very good summon spell (fire element) in the early part which can defeat almost every lich without anyone loss 1 HP .
She has so many healing spells...that i don't need to rest that much.

I would like to have a party of following

Paladin/better Undead Hunter
Monk
Fighter/Druid (multi ) Jeheria
Fighter or Thief (dual or multi)
Mage/Cleric (Aries)
Mage ( i miss Imoen..she has good thief ability that i can have one more slots for extra party members)

Right now i actually have
Monk (main char)
Keldorn (inquistor)
Minsc
Jaheria
Nalia
Aries

Never had a bard before. grateful if anyone tell me what benefit it does and how bard fits into a balanced party skill sets
Old 03-13-2001, 03:17 PM   #27
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes Accord I am absolutely sure because I played the dungeon and beat Mencars party, and after that both of them had their skills back. (I dualled them immediately from start, that is why)

As I said before, I have a little problem. I won't have a thief to remove traps when the swashbuckler becomes a mage. I guess I have to live with that for 11 levels.

P.s. No reloads yet!!! (medium difficulty, one step below hard difficulty), the Mencars group was almost too easy with a cleric casting silence, and the mage using the summon air elemental scroll.
Old 03-13-2001, 03:19 PM   #28
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Ah, I see.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-13-2001, 03:24 PM   #29
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Minsc Gundam:

Bounty Hunter is very useful with its special traps but i doubt the reality of resting and placing a lot of traps in front of an empty before its turns red. It's not realistic since every normal enemy should become suspicious

A druid (Jaheira) has a very good summon spell (fire element) in the early part which can defeat almost every lich without anyone loss 1 HP .
She has so many healing spells...that i don't need to rest that much.

I would like to have a party of following

Paladin/better Undead Hunter
Monk
Fighter/Druid (multi ) Jeheria
Fighter or Thief (dual or multi)
Mage/Cleric (Aries)
Mage ( i miss Imoen..she has good thief ability that i can have one more slots for extra party members)

Right now i actually have
Monk (main char)
Keldorn (inquistor)
Minsc
Jaheria
Nalia
Aries

Never had a bard before. grateful if anyone tell me what benefit it does and how bard fits into a balanced party skill sets
I agree with you Gundam, there are a lot of things that aren't really realistic, like the bounty hunter for example. Yes, the fire elemental is really great, and the ranger/cleric will get it too. Use one against thieves, or normal easy monsters, and the fire-elemental won't take hits.

About the bard, I see more disadvantages than advantages, but I am open-minded so if someone could give a detailed explanation of why the bard is useful to a party I am willing to hear it out.

Old 03-13-2001, 07:27 PM   #30
Sentinel04
The Magister

Man, no has mentioned Conjurers. Man, they kick ass! Just whip up a protection from evil and cast Cacofiend. If you think that fire elemental is mean...

------------------

Baldur's Gate and DBZ should combine!