Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2001, 10:03 PM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LadyWendy...er...(blush) Rick was actually holding me, half dressed (me, not him-hehehe) with my head over a plastic trash can..but lecherous group leader was a real piece of work...at least one of the other group leaders had the decency to order me some broth and tell him to get the f*** away from me for the day! I guess I had some rather 'interesting' experiences in my first trip to Russia...sigh...I was a bit more reserved by my second trip. Remind me to tell you the Uzbeki farmer story sometime...snicker...

And your rooming situation- yuk! Don't blame you for not ever wanting to try that again! really hope you find your own place!

Cloudy
Old 02-17-2001, 10:48 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LofA - sure, go ahead and take them please! You'll have to get them yourself though, as I don't want to touch them. Don't forget that one under the couch, what is it called? women with big p********? Oh yes, quite an acting classic. Barnum & Baileys comes to mind! What was that BGII saying I read in that guide I bought? Fire in the troll?!

Cloudbringer, oh, please, tell us the Uzbeki farmer story!! And what the heck were you doing exactly in Russia?!
Old 02-17-2001, 11:16 PM   #23
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ladyWendy: What was I doing there? Living for two different four month exchanges...(majored in Russian in BA and MA)....the farmer...LOLOLOL...er sorry... Well, it's like this- Keep in mind this was still the old Soviet regime and all production of foodstuffs was state owned but for a few very small private plots the government allowed people to have. Those people could only sell in a 'farmers market' (rinok). Moscow was premier city and had best of everything incl. markets so lots of enterprising citizens flew there to sell their produce/crafts. Those places had just about EVERYTHING you couldn't find in the state stores including fruits/vegetables/meats/ flowers, even carved and painted decorative items... At the time we were experiencing shortages of vast numbers of usual 'staple' for the city like sugar, potatos, eggs etc.

So I went to the big farmers market (indoor, huge hangar sized place) with a Russian couple I knew and Karina, a fellow exchangee with slightly better Russian than I had, owing to her being first generation in the states (Latvian, I believe). Anyway, this place was fascinating to me. Colors EVERYWHERE...people, sounds, smells, like a state fair and then some. I was looking at just about every table and of course, the vendors were making a personal profit so they were calling out their wares, offering little tastes...very exotic atmosphere.

I wandered a bit ahead of the others and was stopped at the stand of a grizzled old Uzbeki farmer (and son). He had about three teeth and his Russian was very hard to follow, heavily accented. But he kept grabbing my arm and offering me tastes of things. Well, I really didn't understand him, but as so often happens with language students, I just smiled and nodded nicely, braids bobbing with my head. Well, all of a sudden he's dragging me behind the counter and whoa! I am totally stunned.

By then, Karina had arrived and was listening to part of this exchange- Farmer : blahbabblegobbledygood, yes? yes! Me: uh, sure...smile...yes..uh?

Karina starts talking to the guy, he points to his son, I'm still clueless and nod and smile- he shoves me toward the (ugh!) son....Karina grabs my arm and she and our Russian friends PROPEL me out of the whole damn rinok (market), farmer yelling after us. So, breathless, and miffed, I ask "What did you do that for?!" My Russian friends are looking embarassed but amused. Karina finally answers: You just sold yourself to that Uzbeki farmer. Then agreed to breed his son's heirs!

ACK! You could have knocked me over with a feather....snicker...ahhhh to be young and totally clueless again! LOL!

Cloudy
Old 02-17-2001, 11:38 PM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LadyWendy? You out there?

Cloudy
Old 02-18-2001, 12:50 AM   #25
Stealth Bomber

Brilliant stories . Since I was born in Britain I like my beer warm and hand-pulled from a barrel, not pumped by gas. In Scotland it is called 'Heavy', in England 'Bitter'. If I do drink lager, it has to be bottled as the draught stuuf is generally awful.
As for spirits love Scotch, suprise suprise, Gin & Tonic, Cognac (French only, you will be pleased to hear Moiraine} and good wine, red or white. In my youth I drank like a fish, 20 shorts a night. Luckily I saw sense many years ago, before it became a problem. Amazingly I don't get hangovers, the worst I get is a loss of appetite. However, the worst bender was in Rhodes on holiday after a row with a girlfriend. Went on a severe pub crawl and ended up 20 miles away from my hotel. Another Brit helped me into a cab, which had to make frequent stops so I could be sick. Unfortunately, he picked an army barracks for his last halt, to be fair he had little choice. I grabbed the rails on the gate just as the guard approached me. He shouted at me in Greek, to move away I guess, but foolishly decided to emphasise the point by prodding me in the stomach with his gun barrel. Luckily, the taxi driver intervened and managed to drag me away before I was shot by the guard who was forced to call for help so he change out of his squelchy boots. Haven't drunk ouzo since, in fact the smell of it causes my stomach to churn to this day. I believe the guard feels the same way. Bet he didn't pass boot inspection next day!

Old 02-18-2001, 02:24 AM   #26
Kylle

Are you all gone to bed??? So much words here my head would spin! I wish I would write and write like you, my Queen! If anyone would check back my faovrite to drink is COFFEE! I would drink it all day and all night. And I would drink Grand Marnier if my Lord of Alcohol would make me his knight! Yes, I know, my Lord I would be very EXPENSIVE knight but it taste like oranges! My, Lady, I echo Cloudbringer, where are you?

Old 02-18-2001, 02:29 AM   #27
turbovee
Elminster

LZ: Jungle juice BTW is Everclear put in a giant tub or clean garbage can and filled with as much fruitjuice or Koolaid as you can possibly fit into the container. It is usually complimented with lots and lots of whole fruits.

Just like you I tried to stay with the crowd and wound up praying to porcelain god a few times telling him I would never do it again only to go back on it the next weekend.

Honestly that story on your renter is just too hilarious. I was laughing for a solid ten minutes. God knows what sort of deviant things he was doing down there. I shudder to think. 52 years old though thats amazing. Working with animals and volunteering with wildlife rescue and at Vet offices I see animals get euthanized all the time and I swear it makes me feel that there are definitely people in this world who neeed to be euthanized. Your renter case in point.
Old 02-18-2001, 02:44 AM   #28
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Absolut Mandarin with soda and lemon for these long, hot Australian summer days, the sun beating down mercilessly with a blanket of stifling heat...where's a Cloud when you need one
Old 02-18-2001, 02:50 AM   #29
Kylle

Our Queens have deserted us, my fellow knights...

Old 02-18-2001, 02:51 AM   #30
BLACK KNIGHT

French Vanilla Cappochino from Tim Hortons (Donut place for those who don't have 'em.

way past this knight's bedtime.

BK