Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-11-2000, 02:39 PM   #1
BG2 Fan

What is the best stratergi to kill Firkraag.
Is it just Hack and Slach or?
My mage is on level 12.
I have already killed the shadow Dragon and korgaxx.
I am in chapter 3. Just ready to go to Spellhold, but I want Firkraag sword and armor.
Is Keldor the only NPC that can use Firkraag sword?
How many dragons is there in the game and do I have to kill the silver dragon to get the blood?
Please let me know.

Old 11-11-2000, 02:59 PM   #2
Ribs

There are numerous strategies to killing him, depending on your particular taste (possible spoilers).

- Hack 'n' slash - surround him with your biggest fighters and go to town on him (hit him from all sides to minimize the effect of wing buffet and his breath weapon). Protection from fire and other spells are helpful, though he has a tendency to dispel at least once during the fight.
- Traps - lay tons of traps right in front of him and watch him die before the battle even begins
- Spells - cast magic resistence on him which serves to make him more susceptible to spells and hammer away (or hit him with a harm and a maggic missile to make short work of him)
- Cloudkill - hit him with half a dozen or more cloudkills at once, and he might die before he can heal himself.

Some ways are cheesier than others. He can definitely be killed in hand to hand combat without any tricks if you're a purist. You should be able to find numerous posts with greater detail if you run a search.

I think Keldor is the only paladin NPC, so the sword is only useful on him when it comes to NPCs. I encountered 5 dragons my first time through the game. As far as I know, if you want the silver dragon blood, you have to kill her for it. The armor is evil only, so if you want it, killing a silver dragon shouldn't play on your character's conscience very much.

Old 11-12-2000, 10:30 AM   #3
Tara

possible spoiler-----

I have found a way that has worked to kill Firkragg without cheating three times now successfully! The word is archery!! Go to Waulkeen's promenade- there is a store above the adventure mart with the name of two guys (don't remember the exact name), the guy to the right in there sells archery equipment. He has two things you need- arrows of dispelling and arrows of biting, kinda hard to come buy so save them for the dragons- they work every time!! load up your chars with the best bows you can find or buy- I like the one that shoots three per round for this battle esp- give all your chars that can use a bow enough arrows of dispelling for 3 or 4 rounds only- then arrows of biting for the rest. Load up with every potion and spell of protection you can find first- one of the best I have found to protect my main char is this-- in waulkeens promenade above the den of seven vales there is a TOUGH battle with a mage and his buddies- win that and take the cloak of non detection- put this on your main char with an improved invisibilty spell and you'll last through the battle alot better! Now go shoot your way to victory- i love it!!