Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2002, 10:49 AM   #1
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Does the hint book have anythi8ng to make it worth the price,like explaining whats needed to upgrade weapons and armor.And where the good blacksmiths are...John
Old 06-29-2002, 11:22 AM   #2
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I have the book, but I haven't opened it yet. I prefer to try the game out for awhile before I start looking things up. But, I would say that a game this big I will probably take a peek or two on my way through it.
You might be able to find used copies of the Hint books and get a break on the price.

The book cover says...
Complete Walkthrough and ALL side quests!
All items, spells, skills, and Feats!
Detailed Character Class info!

The back has...
Detailed maps of every major area.
Unlock all optional quests.
complete disclosure of all hidden items.
Appendices with every item, weapon, skill, feat and spells.

Lompoc huh? I used to live there. Love the area. I miss the Ocean.

[ 06-29-2002, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Wulfere ]
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 11:39 AM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I have the book but rarely look at it. When I do its to look at things from the last chapter to see what I missed here and there.
Old 06-29-2002, 12:43 PM   #4
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i have the book and i looked in it to find where your npc items are located. cause once you get their items they give you a nice item. usually one item to boost your skill points. like redtiger gives you an ammy to boost strength. i was tired of lo level stats so i got the book and it showed how to get your skill points up. i started my base stregth at 16 now im at 22
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 03:53 PM   #5
theholyavenger
Manshoon

Did you guys buy the world builder guide that is the part 2 of the 2 guidebooks?It teaches you how to use the Aurora Toolset effectively, is it worth the money?
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 04:06 PM   #6
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

the world builder book is worth the money... unless you are into moding, the toolset is not an easy one to comprehend at first. the world builder guide walks you thru alot about building simple things, and works its way up to complex... gives pretty good info about how and what to do... also shows you how complex the toolset can be...

Hell, I picked up the guide for 9.99 at Fry's when the game came out.. having fun creating my own little hell...
Old 06-29-2002, 04:16 PM   #7
theholyavenger
Manshoon

Saltheart, do you live in the US?Cause the guide cost me about $28.00 in Canada...
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 04:27 PM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I haven't loked at it yet, but my son (age 15) loves it. I wanna beat it myself, first. We got it for only $10.00 at Fry's (Bleagh).
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote