Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-27-2001, 12:09 AM   #1
Lily the Ranger

Gasp . . . the world just isn't the same without our majestic friend flying through it, defying the laws of gravity, and breathing the purifying breath of fire upon us to temper us into a weapon of exceptional strength. How could you remove such a wonder from the world?

How will you explain such a thing to Kerah? Perhaps, we should start a thread of "justifications for killing the dragon" would be interesting to see what legal arguments our group could come up with that would withstand Kerah's cross examination.
Old 01-27-2001, 12:38 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

Justification!?!
In Lostboy3's defense, how may characters have lost their lives to the firebreathing oaf that burns anything that moves? Does anyone realise how difficult it is to take off melted chain pants after a meeting with the "beloved" Erathsmedore?
Maybe death is too harsh for our "Bad Breathed" friend, but we should at least get him a pair of glasses.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 12:39 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Just thought I'd remove the second copy of my post that used to be here! DOH!

Mark
Old 01-27-2001, 12:55 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Gee Mark - want me to really remove it??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 11:22 AM   #5
Lostboy3

Just goofing off thought I'd see if I could kill Erathsmeador, turns out you can. I got the mavin beforehand. I also got about 900000 experience and the shroud for the two characters that slew it. Will it matter later that I killed the dragon?
Old 01-27-2001, 11:28 AM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

Only if it bothers your conscience!

Mark
Old 01-27-2001, 11:59 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

et tu Lostboy3?

(sigh)

Well - it's D.W. and the designers fault for giving all the really nice NPCs such extremely high experinece points. Now if you killed the dragon and got 10 experience points - wouldn't you restored your game??

No wonder dragons and their relatives are so rare!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 05:34 PM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

Wyvern:

Well....Yeah!

Except, you'll also have to remove this one and the one you sent and the one I write to thank you for doing it and so on and on and on....

Mark
Old 01-27-2001, 06:13 PM   #9
Lily the Ranger

skywalker: You are still alive aren't you? Kerah granted you another shot at life? Wouldn't the game be so boring if everything fell at your feet like shrieking temple monkeys? "That which kills us and allows us to be resurrected, makes us stronger." Isn't it exciting to have something in the game which sends your heart apounding and makes you want to run? And when this magnificent watcher recognises your worth and bestows the sword upon you . . . you say, "Thanks, NOW DIE!" He has taught you speed, wisdom and caution. Perhaps, offering him a breath mint +7 would be an option. As for the melted chain pants . . . how else do you expect to become like finely tempered steel?
Old 01-27-2001, 06:32 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Wyvern:

Take heart. Third play through and I STILL refuse to kill Erathsmedor, or Oakenmir either for that part.

Scanthril on the other hand...that rat DIES as soon as I get the Assassin dagger!

Cheers,
Sazerac
(See what's playing at the Archive!)
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote