Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2003, 02:00 PM   #121
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

congrats FSA on the driving, I have been driving for along time, my parents started teaching us how to drive when we were 5 [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] they would set us on their laps, and let us take control of the wheel, when we were tall enough to reache the pedals, they sat in the passenger seats and let us have total control, do sound so surprised, it was on a old dirt road, all the kids I grew up with learned to drive there, there was enough small curves and hills, to help us get used to it, and you could not go very fast due to the pot holes made by the tanks umm, yeah it is an old army base road, lol, tanks hummvees, jeeps, you name it, they were on it, that was the first time I ever saw a hummvee , anyway, back on topic, if you want to get better, keep practicing, and go to old dirt or gravel roads, where there is very little trafic, and drive your heart out [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 02:01 PM   #122
Maelakin
Drow Warrior

Continuing on the subject of girls, make sure you ask them out immediately after you receive the inclination to do so. When you wait, you form additional, unfounded feelings for them and end up putting them on a pedestal. I learned the hard way that this is unhealthy.

Now, when I ask someone out, it isn’t to obtain a girlfriend or whatever. I do so because I either find them attractive or because I like something about them. If they say no, there are no hard feelings because I don’t care yet and have not invested any time into them. If they say yes, I use the opportunity to learn about them before I develop and form of feelings.

Often times I have found that when you want to ask someone out and you do not, you become very disappointed with the person you find her to be. You invest a lot of time building them up in your mind, and after you have done this, rarely can someone live up to the expectations you conjure.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:09 PM   #123
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

FSA.... some tips for picking up chicks...

1) Do the whole sunny day walk along the beach thing or even a park picnic thing, chicks dig that.
2) Be positive, tell her how super stunning she looks and stuff like that
3) Don't be shy
4) Have a sense of humour,
5) Think before you act... too many dudes have failed on dates due to a bit of foot in mouth. Ask yourself, if I was her how would I react to... "Blah blah blah"
6) Be yourself; don't try talk yourself up, you'll just make yourself sound like a pompous prick
7) Have fun, enjoy yourself. If she can see you smiling and enjoying yourself then she's more likely to have a good time aswell [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-20-2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Downunda ]
Old 11-20-2003, 02:12 PM   #124
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Well said indeed, Maelakin [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-20-2003, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Lady Blue03 ]
Old 11-20-2003, 02:40 PM   #125
dplax
Jack Burton

On the subject of driving:

When I had my driving exam, I nearly hit a cyclist, but the examinator did not even notice so I got away with it, but it could have been bad, if I had not braked at the last moment.

Old 11-20-2003, 03:11 PM   #126
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

LoL! Congrats FSA! Welcome to the world of the mobil [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
It won't be long till you're cruising down the block with a whopping 60MPH!!! Just like me!
Ok, tip on picking up girls: when you see one, drive slowly beside them, doesn't matter wether it's on the left or right side of the road, other drivers *will* evade. HONK! If they don't start scolding you right away, you're already halfway there dude! When they ask: the big 'L' on top of the car is the latest in body-kit modification and that it will provide your wheels with the all-amazing VIP-STATUS!!. ALso, if your instructor is female, tell the chicks that she is your mom and that you're doing her a favor of helping her with the groceries: chicks love sensitive guys!
If the radio is playing HASON or the justin timberlake, tell her your hi-fi ultrasonic DVD player boom-box-set has broken down and that the NASA engineer are working 24/7 to get the damn thing fixed! Ehm..... what else.... Can't think of anything else. Oh yeah, just one more thing: enjoy those lessons while they last: once you get your license for real, you are no longer allowed to be a jerk in traffic, since people will suddenly hold it against you, they will also try to cut you off, cut in line and they will have no respect for you anymore whatsoever. It becomes a matter of life and death and before you know it, you're one of those cranky drivers, who totally dislike being on the road. You'll prolly be 60+ by then, but still..... Enjoy!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2003, 03:23 PM   #127
Maelakin
Drow Warrior

FSA,

Don't forget to memorize the point system. It is an invaluable tool that allows you to best judge what pedestrians to run over and which to leave alone!