Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

I know, I know, I'm asking for a lot of help in a short period, but I figure it'll give you people something to do.

The question is: What do I need to proceed in the Serpent Temple? If I remember correctly, I need three or four Monkey Idols(But for what?), a flask of Spider Nectar(Where do I find the flasks?) and an excess of Serpins to open some doors somewhere.

Of course also the right answers to the question thing(And how do I trigger that, again? I seem to have a memory of pouring spider nectar in a burning brazier, am I wrong?).
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The idols are for raising the lift to the priest's secret chamber. You can just ignore that and stack your way up there, though.

The empty flasks are mainly found in the kitchen.

The right answers are behind a hidden panel accessible by placing the serpent idol in the correct niche in the library.

And you are correct about the brazier.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

You need

1. Four Monkey Idols
These idols are in chests in the Temple. The idols allow you to put the elevator in the library into work and get:

2. The Serpent Wand.

You also need

3. The Spider Nectar
You need an epmty flask and a spider egg. Two flasks are in the kitchen, next two are in a chest behind a hidden door. Search a keyhole on the wall in the kitchen.
Spiders eggs are easy to get Take the egg to the torture chamber, manipulate the wheel at the grinding stone and get the stone up, put the egg below the stone, put the flask at the crate in the basement and manipulate the wheel to crush the egg.

Finally, you need

4. The Aromatic cones
They are spit by the golden Serpent Statue near the place where you have met Kreug after entering the temple. Use a Serpin Coin at the statue.

You also need the correct answers for the Naga Spirit at the brazier. The answers are in the Book of the Servant but the book is hardly to get because of the "emerge from the water" bug of the Temple sewers. The correct answers:

Serpent dreams - Servant waits
Serpent schemes - Servant dreams
Serpent charms - Servant bows
Serpent strikes - Servant prays

The questions can follow in any order. React on the contents of the "serpent" parts by the "servant" parts. For example: Answer "If the Serpent dreams" by "Servant waits".

Therefore, go to the golden statue and get the cones. Collect the idols, go to the library and get the wand. Go to the torture chamber and get the spider nectar. Go to the brazier and use at it:

1. First, the Aromatic Cones,
2. next, the Spider Nectar - retreat before the flames quickly, then return
3. finally, the Wand.

The Naga Spirit will appear. Answer the questions. You can go to the Naga herself ...

[ 02-05-2007, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Radek ]
Old 02-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

If you use the hot poker on H'Thark in the torture chambers, he'll tell you the steps...

He'll do the same if you give him his lockpicks from Gorthius.

The other spot where you need serpin coins is for the six locked rooms with the four levers. One coin for each try... the list of the correct combinations is in the Best Tips thread (along with the answers to the Serpent's questions).

One important point: where Radek says retreat quickly after step two, he's very, very serious... use the nectar and then backpedal as fast as you can.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Much appreciated! I shall be off at once to put this new-found knowledge to use.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #6
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Alright, I've been searching for half an hour before running out of Cure Poison potions forced me to return to Ishad N'ha to stock up, where is the library? I got the nectar, I got the cones, I got all of the monkey idols... But I can't find the library and the wand.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:13 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It's at the end of one of the two long bent corridors... I think the one on the bottom. The corridor leads up to a room with a couple of exits, and the passageway to the right leads to the library.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #8
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: Blasted Serpent Temple

As for the stuck in water bug, my party usually drowns but not always. One possible solution is to cast Vanish a few times, eventually that should get you to the inaccessible part. The spell must be cast when you have changed maps, when you can see the surface and find your party unable to get out of the water. Because there is nothing much on the map the Vanish spell should send you to the right place.

Another trick would be to hex - edit the file roster.dat, this would take some time to decrypt.

I liked to be able to retrieve the Serpent statue for it enabled access to Kreug's study. Said study contains a few trinkets but above all else, to become a Bard you must be able to retrieve a scroll from this room. Becoming a Bard is useful for Moon magic and thievery.

Last edited by Shadow Stranger; 12-11-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote