Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-21-2002, 10:46 PM   #1
WinterWolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey all. Been having problems in Dragon's Eye. I'e gone to all three levels and done everything i can, apparently. Opened the prison door, found the lever that beats on you, went to the second level and saw "Mandel Greye - Death" appear in my dialogue box, and stuff like that. Any help or pointers on things I missed would be appreciated. THANKS!!!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 11:55 PM   #2
Finn
The Magister

SPOILER:

I'm not exactly sure which sub-quests you have completed. Maybe if you provide a bit more detail?

Have you made the Histachi brew? Namely, located the altered mandrake root?

Have you created the poison from the wyvren stings?

Old 10-22-2002, 12:42 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Did you talk to Nheero in the prison? He sends you to find Mandal. After you see his body, go back and talk to Nheero again. That will set you on the correct path.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:01 AM   #4
WinterWolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As far as subquests go, I have not done anything but let the prisoners out. One of the levers hit me and the other is "fused together by acid, but it looks like someone has been restoring it." I put all the stingers on the westernmost bench though. I don't even know how to make the histachhi brew, but I found the mandrake root. I couldn't find Mandel's body, what level is it on? I can't get into two different doors and I can't get over a drawbridge thats raised, all on the same level. And the eye of Sseth is a HUGE pain. And the stupid druid isn't helping like he said he would. Someone said he was a fake, any ideas???
Old 10-22-2002, 09:23 AM   #5
Finn
The Magister

1) Finding Mandal's Body:

At the second level of Dragon's Eye, go to the far right, top most corner of the map and head on down the alley. Be careful as there will be a huge stone rock tumbling towards you(ala "Indiana Jones"). Getting crushed would mean instant death. Some folks would send one lightfooted party member down the alley and have him/her swerve aside once he/she reaches the end of the alley. Mandal's body can be found here at the dead end of the alley.

You'll need to have Mandal's sword(Sword of Myrloch Vale) in your inventory at this point in order to proceed with the quest. His ghost will materialize and there will be a short cutscene which will reveal the location of the "modified mandrake root".

NOTE: Mandal's sword can be found on level 3 somewhere near the stinky metal square door(one with the poison oozing from it). Specifically within the chamber that holds the Iron Golem. Right smack in the middle after going through one of the 3 spike trap doorways. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, hope this helps.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:04 AM   #6
Finn
The Magister

ADDENDUM:

* Yes, the druid Natahniel in Dragons Eye is fake. Feel free to kill him off for some experience points but if you have weapons and armour you'd like to unload, trade with him first because it'll be a long spell b4 you meet another merchant.

* Once you find the "modified mandrake root", speak to Neehro once more and he'll tell you what you need to do to make the Histachi brew. At this point return to the laboratory and wait a few days(you can pass the time by sleeping). Some guy will appear(forgot his name - he's the guy who fixes and maintains the levers). You'll find that the lever will be fixed and you can then activate it. Remember to replace the original mandrake root with the "modified root" at the bench where the original was placed.

NOTE: a member of your party must have at least 15 points or above for their Alchemy skill in order for you to pull the lever yourself. Alternately, you could intimidate/pursuade the lever maintenance guy to activate the fixed lever for you.

You'll need to pull the lever again to manufacture the Wyvren poison after you've placed the Wyvren stings(at least 4 stings) on the westernmost bench.

Well, happy gaming. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2002, 12:04 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Actually, you can do it all at the same time, if you're quick enough. I've put the root on one table and the stingers on the other. If you're doing it yourself, that's easy. If the alchemist is doing it, having someone by each table ready to put the stuff on helps.

Also, the alchemist is the only one who can fix that lever. As noted above, he doesn't appear in the game until Nheero tells you what to do to make the modified potion.

Nightowl2
Old 10-22-2002, 12:30 PM   #8
Magness
Quintesson

I've completed IWD2 twice, but neither time did I kill the fake Nathaniel, despite knowing that he was evil. I figured that if he was goign to be running a store inside Dragon's Eye and allow me to sell off my stuff, why bother killing him?

The fake Nathaniel was worth too much as a convenient merchant to kill while I was in Dragon's Eye and I didn't think that he'd be worth enough XP to backtrack into Dragon's Eye to kill later on.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:31 PM   #9
WinterWolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I found the body and all that, made a lot of wyvern potions and the histachii potion and poisoned 3 of the " pure, fresh water" basins on the lowest floor, plus got past Sseth's Eye, across the drawbirdge, and killed all the Effeets(annoying, those). There is a locked door "with no obvious means of unlocking it" in the bottom right-hand corner of the lowest floor, and the other door im convinced is linked to poisoning the basins, but I only found three, and the forth illudes me. ALL I WOULD LIKE is the way to find the forth basin(or the means of unlocking that door) THANKS!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 10:17 PM   #10
Nightowl2
Galvatron

After killing the efreeti, you take on Thorasskus, who is masquerading as a little kid. Once he's dead, there is a hole in the SE corner that opens up to a treasure room. Go down there and you'll find the fourth basin.

Nightowl2

P.S. I understand there is only a limited time to go through the door after the last basin is tainted, so you may want to do treasure-grabbing first.