Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-22-2005, 01:57 AM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

Heh, I'm planning it now, pretty early I know, but it will be the first time I go somewhere for 8 years.

My plan... Scotland.
I was recommended this site and plan to go on the compass buster tour.
The thing is I have to fly first to London (Stansfeld airport, muhuhuhch cheaper than flying to scotland) and then take a train to Edinburg (never been on a train... yey [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Then I want to spend at least a weekend in Edinburg before I go on the tour. So can anyone from UK recommend a site/service where I can find cheap lodging, in both london (in case I have to stay there a night) and in Edinburg.

I'm looking so much forward to it I'm not sure I can wait 4 months... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyone else planned their vacation yet?
Old 01-22-2005, 05:13 AM   #2
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Your in for a shock when you see the British train service. I wouldn't be too excited about going on a train, especially those in England. Though, I expect a train from London to Edinburgh would be one of the nice ones.

There are several 'Travel Inns' in and around London. They're cheap and there's one almost directly next to the London Eye. (Very nice spot)

Edinburgh; I don't know where you can stay but it's very nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

I think I'm off to Spain this summer. One of my relatives has recently moved there so we're going to visit.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:43 AM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Well yeah, about the trains, they are no where near as nice as other European trains with 2 levels etc. But they are alright, aslong as they run on time. The train from London to Edinburgh is not bad.

As for accomodation, a travel inn in London is quite cheap and good too for just staying the one night. In Edinburgh, it depends what you're after really. There are a lot of B&B's, and also a great many hotels. So what are you after?

As for my vacation, I think I'm of to Lake Garda in Italy I think, or possibly Canada, who knows.

[ 01-22-2005, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: RoSs_bg2_rox ]
Old 01-22-2005, 08:07 PM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

I'm after something cheap, B&B (Bed and breakfast, right?) is good. I went to Edinburg 10 years ago over a weekend(way too short) and stayed at one of the most expensive hotels there (it was a birthday present on my 20th birthday) and I felt so bad when I was walking outside and saw all the homeless people that when ever I got a chance I gave them most of the change I had [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 01-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #5
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

English trains aren't that bad. Although I admit Swiss ones are nicer. I use the train roughly once every 2 or 3 weeks for a return trip and it's always been on time or at most 5 mins late. But that's only an hour long trip
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-22-2005, 09:00 PM   #6
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Yeah, Swiss trains rock. I loved getting a curry onboard, they are so efficient.

Jorath-yep, that's Bed & Breakfast. They are nice, and cheap, so a good idea. You shouldn't have much bother finding one you like.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:00 PM   #7
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Jorath there is a hostel right accross from the Edinbourg castle I stayed there when I was traveling around europe. Let me dig out some of my old things from when I was there. I will see if I can get the name. And there is a tour in Inverness that you have to go on. It is amazing, if it is still there it was great small group and the tour guide was classic. And I will also see if I can find the name of the hostel in inverness as well.

But I am sure the tour guides will have places for you to stay when you get on the tour.

Are you going to the Isle of Skye. If not you have to go there it is awsome.

[ 01-22-2005, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]
Old 01-22-2005, 11:13 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I don't know if I even want to do the vacation thing this summer. Might need a year off, cause last vacation was so good, yet so bad LOL.

Reality Show Recaps