Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-05-2001, 08:00 AM   #1
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Does anyone know whether you are unable to complete a crucial quest if you throw away a quest item?
Or is there always another way, like the Stillwater Giant Pelt quest?

I read in a walkthrough (bah silly me) that I needed the matchbox I found on the dead gnome at the start of the game, but unfortunately I threw it in the bushes ages ago..Does anyone know if I still need it?

Oh and G'Kar, I saw someone by your name on the terra-arcanum board. That you by any chance?

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-05-2001, 08:14 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

Dunno Lifetime!
Just looked in here because I will be hopefully starting Arcanum this weekend after my new shiny graphics card is installed. I will remember not to throw anything away though!

I think it would be a good idea to have another forum here - entitled 'Other CRPGs' where people could post their Arcanum/Fallout/Torment queries. Just my opinion of course, it's Ziroc's realm...

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-05-2001, 08:19 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Aye Epona, no matter how useless, I'm finding out that everything has a place in that game. Its pretty easy to be overwhelmed by seemingly useless junk when you first start out, not knowing whether to keep all that trash or to throw it away, hoping that you wont need it in the future for some quest or for construction of some artifact..
And if you have not started (damn I want a graphics card too! ) I hope I didnt give away anything you didnt want to know before the game..

Plus an Other CRPG or any other game forum would be great..get to hear about the other games that people on the board play, because I think sometimes all we talk about here and there is BG2..

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-05-2001, 08:28 AM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:

Plus an Other CRPG or any other game forum would be great..get to hear about the other games that people on the board play, because I think sometimes all we talk about here and there is BG2..

Yeah, perhaps 'Other PC Games' would be better then (look at us, deciding for Ziroc what would be best on his site!). I personally like strategy games as well as RPGs, so having somewhere to post tips would be useful - I could post them in GD, but they would fall off page 1 within 10 minutes, never to be seen again, I suspect!! With a dedicated forum they would hang around long enough to be seen by interested parties. I know that other people here play Civ games, Pharaoh, Arcanum, PST and Fallout - and probably many more besides.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-05-2001, 10:02 AM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Does anyone know whether you are unable to complete a crucial quest if you throw away a quest item?
Or is there always another way, like the Stillwater Giant Pelt quest?

I read in a walkthrough (bah silly me) that I needed the matchbox I found on the dead gnome at the start of the game, but unfortunately I threw it in the bushes ages ago..Does anyone know if I still need it?

Oh and G'Kar, I saw someone by your name on the terra-arcanum board. That you by any chance?

I think that it might be possible to kill Myrth the Elf in Stillwater and use the Spirit Speak spell to talk to him, I haven't tried it though, to get the pelt however, you'll have to go to HT Parnell's museum in Tarant and buy the fake pelt from him, or steal it, you can also sell the real pelt(Which you find a bit later) to him for 3000 gold.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-06-2001, 12:07 AM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Actually Neb, what I did was I stole the Na'tal amulet from him, gave it to the woman in Shrouded Hills and got the location for Quintarra..BUT in Roseborough you have to talk to someone about the matchbox you picked up from the Gnome's dead body at the crash. I'm wondering if you can do this without the matchbox itself because I ditched it ages ago..

And Epona: We're a stuffy lot or critics are'nt we

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-06-2001, 12:20 AM   #7
G'kar

Not I, said the fly.

But my evil clone heheheheh.
I haven't got Arcanum yet.

Old 10-06-2001, 04:43 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i dont thnk i have reached this point yet or i have just passed it already and didnt know... the thing about arcanium is that it is totally unbalanced wherein you can mix magic and armor (aint that unfair?) plus techno stuff is totally useless when you challenge magic.. sigh...

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-06-2001, 04:48 AM   #9
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Harkoliar> Just wait till your pansy mage is staring down the barrel of my Tesla Gun

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-06-2001, 04:50 AM   #10
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Where do you find the Tesla Gun schematic? The Blade Gun isn't bad either, but the problem might be that while Harkoliar can survive multiple shots from your Tesla, one successfull disentigrate from him and you are GONE and he can wield a sword too.