Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2003, 01:32 PM   #21
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

I guess your right about the chafing...maybe its to show off their amazing physique?
Old 07-02-2003, 01:45 PM   #22
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

so its becuase they're vain....that makes sense.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:23 PM   #23
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

To have the power of any X-men? Hmmmmm... It'd have to mystique/morph. That'd be ace Although the powers of Pyro would be ace I have this thing for fire, I love it [img]smile.gif[/img] Scary [img]tongue.gif[/img] Magneto's powers would be ace too And Colossus,
Old 07-02-2003, 03:44 PM   #24
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:
so its becuase they're vain....that makes sense.
More sense than Xavier being a gimp...come on he's parylyzed from the waist down how is it going to make any difference? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2003, 04:42 PM   #25
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

X-Man power? Hm...I would be torn between Nightcrawler's or Jean's...Nightcrawler for fun, Jean for practicality . Most powerful X-Man? I would have to say Professor X. Sure, Magneto's helmet blocks Cerebro and him, but not everyone in the world has it. As he can affect the mind, invincibility is useless if you're not wearing Magneto's helmet.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:02 PM   #26
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

This is out of the X men...so Magneto would still be able to flip Xaviers wheelchair over and crush him with it into tiny little bits even if everyone else was dead...
Old 07-02-2003, 05:05 PM   #27
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Yes Magneto is very powerful mutant. If not the most.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:11 PM   #28
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, it seems Magneto got more hostile towards Xavier in the second film...leaving him behind to die after exploiting his situation to wipe out the human race...what would be interesting is the next confrontation between those two...I mean, Magneto planned for Xavier to die, so maybe their friendship has finally snapped. I mean, in the first film, Magneto didn't want to directly kill Xavier, but that's seems to have changed now...

Well, anyway, *ahem*. If Xavier was in the plastic wheelchair Magneto could still win through sheer brawn. Even as old as he is, he could still strangle Xavier, I reckon...the poor guy is at a major disadvantage in any fight without his mind anyway...
Old 07-02-2003, 05:46 PM   #29
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
Kakero if you have Rouge's ability you realize you can't touch anybody without hurting them.
yes, that is nice. * try to touch Sythe * [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2003, 10:30 PM   #30
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

According to the comics, Xavier is the most powerful mutant with Magneto being a close second. As for a one-on-one fight, it would be a draw.

Magneto's helmet is the only thing that protects him from the Professor's power. But Xavier has never completely unleashed his power either. He always keeps a firm measure of restraint on his power because he could easily kill normal humans if he let his power run completely unchecked. While it has never been mentioned or implied in the comics, my guess is that Xavier could "overload" Magneto's helmet and eventually crash throught it's defenses if he really tried. But the amount of power he would need to do that would be devestating to any innocent bystanders.

The same is true with Magneto. Even though he uses far more of his power than Xavier, he still has some self-imposed limits which he rarely (if ever) exceeds. For instance, he could instantly kill anybody he wanted to by reversing the flow of blood through their bodies. He could lay waste to the entire landscape if the mood struck him to do so, and he could level an entire city more completely than a nuclear bomb. Yet he has never unleashed the full fury of his power either.

So Magneto and Xavier are consistently classified as the two most powerful mutants alive today. Jean Grey was their equal when she was Pheonix and Apocalypse has an unbelievable knack for survival also (then again, most comic-book heroes do ).