Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-27-2000, 09:45 PM   #1
paria

Anyone managed to kill this dragon yet? he seems invincible.
His little ghost helper is a pain too (as if firkraag is not enough allready)
Any thoughts on getting past this one are welcome.

Old 10-27-2000, 10:02 PM   #2
Wallace

Three words...

CLOUDKILL... CLOUDKILL... AND MORE CLOUDKILL!

-Wallace

Old 10-27-2000, 11:36 PM   #3
Larry

I gotta brag about this one...
I hacked up an Imprisonment spell and cast it on him...and he just went away, leaving me his exp. points !
I then remembered that I had not kissed him good-by, used the Freedom spell, which brought him back, slashed at him with my dual sword wielding ranger, and properly sent him back into Imprisonment...which gave me another round of Exp...(hehe)...I am not evil, I just play one on TV...
(The best thing is that when I am sufficiently strong enough to face this Dragon, I simply call him back and do the deed...when I am ready...until then, let him stay three leagues under the earth or something, like the Harpers wanted to do to me...)

Old 10-29-2000, 03:24 PM   #4
Ursusfury

I had a very high level party when I tried this encounter (it was after I emerged from the underdark) The key here is to *NOT* fight him, do the peaceful encounter, go upstairs, whack his mage, then go back downstairs, set up, prep, then *FORCE* attack him. This will allow your Thief to get in a vital backstab as well as keep your mages out of range. I had a level 12 (I think) archer with Grand Mastery in longbow, she pretty much just stood out of range and hit him with cold arrows. I did 2 or 3 called shots on him, and I had Minsc and Anomen whack on him. ARCHERS ARE KEY! 4 attack per round pretty much make it so nothing can cast a spell, as long as protection from missle shields aren't up! Minsc used his Lilacor sword (I love that thing! Great damage and funny as heck!) and pretty much wiped up with him. Doesn't hurt to cast chromatic orb and magic missle as well, maybe a few breach spells to make sure that the archer can get through

Old 10-29-2000, 06:44 PM   #5
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Well my way was HORRIBLEY hard but it works!
First I cast greater Malison (Sadly I didn't have the Magic Resistence move!)
Then Chormatic Orb I got lucky and now HE is a Beautifull Stone Work. One day I will
bring back from stone to kill him again!
HeHe
Old 10-30-2000, 12:39 AM   #6
Larry

I respect that move...sounds like you have a wonderful trophy to put in your house...Now how the hell can you find a house big enough, I don't know...but if you only could, right???
(Imagine the conversations when guests come over)

Old 10-30-2000, 04:45 AM   #7
gunner

i used my duel wielding thief/fighter and my dual wielding ranger. did the nice option, killed the mage upstairs then went back. put magic blocking on my two guys and sent my thief/fighter in for the backstab. if you attack from different sides the dragon will attack only the first one ie the thief/fighter. then sent in my hasted ranger and magic missiles from the mage and the rest is history. ended up only get a little damage.

good luck
good gaming

Old 10-30-2000, 04:47 AM   #8
gunner

i used my duel wielding thief/fighter and my dual wielding ranger. did the nice option, killed the mage upstairs then went back. put magic blocking on my two guys and sent my thief/fighter in for the backstab. if you attack from different sides the dragon will attack only the first one ie the thief/fighter. then sent in my hasted ranger and magic missiles from the mage and the rest is history. ended up only get a little damage.

good luck
good gaming