Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-15-2000, 12:40 AM   #1
DeathTouch

I just want to know what are some really good weapons that you get later in the game. What are their stats. And do you get to add points to abilities such as strength, constitution, wisdom, etc. I am early in the game and I just want to get some things clear.

Old 10-15-2000, 03:00 AM   #2
JoeyBlir

I'm in act 3 and the cool weapons I've seen include:

Holy Avenger +5 two-handed sword, 50% magic resistance, dispel magic on target of successful hit, and extra damage versus Chaotic Evil

Flail +3 (I think), 1 point each of cold, fire, and acid damage, and some other abilities I forget

Dragon Sword +2 (I think), chance to kill undead with one hit, can be thrown and automatically returns

Sling +2 that also does damage bonus damage - put this with Gauntlets of Ogre Strength, and you've got a good distance damage weapon even for a Cleric or Mage

Lilacor intelligent +3 two-handed sword, I think it give you 1 hit point back per successful hit

Staff of Thunder and Lightning

Old 10-15-2000, 03:07 AM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

If you have installed the bonus disks, you do get a couple of other options as well. There is a +5 sling. I think it's Everard's sling. Lots of +3 this and that as well that have different abilities. You don't start off with them of course. They make you buy them, but really, if you are playing multi-player, money shouldn't be a problem. Just generate whatever characters you need to sell off items to buy what you want. A note about the +5 sling. You don't need ammo for it so it will make a cleric or druid that much easier to keep stocked. Drizzt's scimitars are also available if you either kill him or bring his weapons in from BGI. The +5 scimitar Defender is tough to beat in combat, especially if you master out your stats to be a grand master. That's like +10 to hit. I mean come on. LOL. Just a thought though.
Old 10-16-2000, 01:22 AM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Crom Faeyr +4 is pretty cool once you assemble all the parts. Raises str to 25 and can kill golems/trolls/ettins with one blow. Plus it's one handed too. Celestial Fury is pretty tough notch too. Chance to stun an opponent just by hitting them. Can't beat that. Ok, maybe you can. There's always the Vorpal Blade. Chance to outright kill someone on a hit. Then there's the HeartSeeker (once per day it's +7 to hit) otherwise it's +3. I believe this might be Taulmaril (Cattie-Brie's weapon). There may be more, but I'm not sure. Those are just some of the main ones I've seen. I haven't finished yet. Lots to explore.
Old 10-16-2000, 02:59 PM   #5
lordkymil

Blackrazor, longsword +3, kicks ass, has a 15% chance each hit to drain 4 levels, haste you, heal you by 20 points, and raise your str by 3 for 20 seconds. this is cumulative so you can literally turn into a whirling dervish of destruction as the more you hit, the faster you hit and the stronger you get.
hard to find, but definitely worth it and anyone can use it. i'm dual wielding it with the equalizer.

Old 10-16-2000, 03:22 PM   #6
Vampire

Holy Avanger Rulez!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2000, 08:39 PM   #7
Sir Rich

I find that the Silver Sword is the best weapon for my Fighter. I decided to focus him on the two handed weapon fighting skill and focus on using two handed swords. The Silver Sword does 1d10+3 and gives the user THACO 3, and has a 25% chance to instantly kill on a failed save vs. death at -2. It's kinda cool when I send my fighter in to the frey and see all the little white spirits floting away (and all the little red chunks flying around).

The Holy Avenger has the best stats, but the only guy I can get to use it is Keldorn.

Old 10-30-2000, 09:43 AM   #8
Ursusfury

There is some really nice armor to be had as well, and you can get a very nice longbow early in the game (Elven Court bow plus 3, I used it the entire game on my primary character, who had only 14 str so couldn't use a few other bows) Correct me if I'm wrong, but the blackrazor is only available (without cheating) at the very end of the game during the Hell trials, right? I thought there were some other stipulations to it as well, but essentially you can only get it if you take the "evil" path for that trial. The good path being giving the sword to the genie. Could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

Old 10-30-2000, 09:59 AM   #9
lordkymil

Yes, you're right, I forgot to mention that I am playing the game second time round. Blackrazor is only available right at the end of the game and there's really only one battle that you can use it in and you have to make a pretty big sacrifice to get it. You have to make evil choices to get it, but your alignment doesn't have to be evil. It is damn useful in that final battle (i was an evil swashbuckler dual wielding it with the Equalizer.

Anyway I liked it so much I had to have it second time around (one little cheat for my second trip through Amn!). Those combat bonuses I had are cumulative so if you hit and get hasted, drain 4 levels, heal you by 20 hp and add 3 to your strength, the fact that you are striking twice as fast means that you really have twice as much chance the second time around of scoring another special hit which can cause these bonuses to accumulate pretty quickly. At one stage my swashbuckler who had a normal strength of 16 had a str of 25 and I was healed of 60 hp of damage, all within 20 secs. Second time around I'm finding that it has the potential to really unbalance the game if it was available earlier but in that final battle, with the critters you have to fight, it really helped. You can really ■■■■ Irenicus up with it, pardon my French.

Old 10-30-2000, 10:03 AM   #10
Krille

Were do you find Holy Avenger???? and some of the other cool weapons?????