Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2001, 10:06 AM   #21
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

All right now, I need to unburden myself of a WEIRD dream I had some time ago. Simply lunatic!

I am hovering over Louisiana in a spaceship. There is one other person with me, I know him well. The spaceship is held together by spit and wire, it is jury-rigged and almost falling apart.
We are hailed by another ship, a repair-police ship. They say that our ship does not reach safety regulations, that we must land immediately for repairs. We bluster and bluff, but we have no choice but to land. I remember a time last year when one of the cats we use as counterweights ran away. We'd had to land for repairs too.
We are greeted by Ziroc on leaving the ship. Ziroc is a dandelion. After talking with him a bit - we are old friends - we go to get a drink at a cafe/restaurant.

Um... you see what I mean with lunatic? I mean, Ziroc? A dandelion? Cats as counterweights? I must be spending too much time here - it's rubbing off.

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 09-19-2001).]
Old 09-19-2001, 04:08 PM   #22
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Oh yes, bump. I can't think of another dream I had lately, I'll be sure to post if I run into one.

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-19-2001, 07:41 PM   #23
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Great! Epona, Kaz: thanks for those. I've got a few comments about both of them, but haven't the time to write 'em up just now. For the time being, here's a 'funny':

I seem to be some sort of janitor or security guard. I am walking through an industrial area with a lot of construction work going on. It is time for me to lock up for the day, so I travel to an upper layer of offices via a big lift and go to check that nobody is still about. To my horror, I realise that a big bunch of workers have decided to have a party in one of the offices. I open the door and start shouting at them to get out. This is when it becomes a little like a Monty Python sketch. I stand beside the door, ushering them out and I realise that I have a lot more people here then I originally thought. For ages and ages I stand by the door and they filter through person after person until the corridor is jammed full of people moaning and griping. When they are all out and I close the door I find I now have a veritable horde of people on my hands, certainly far more then could have ever fit into that one office. Perplexed, I am now faced with the problem of how to get them to the lower level. “Alright!” I say. “We’ll use Big Bertha!” Leading the way, I take them down a corridor and eventually we reach the most massive pair of elevator doors I have ever seen. They are many meters wide, and the roof appears to have been extended to accommodate the fact that they also many meters tall. I step up to the doors and with a deep resounding “DING” they slide open. The area inside the lift is vast. It would put most high school meeting halls to shame and has a thick lustrous carpet over it’s floor and walls. Pleasant music drifts relaxingly from several wall-mounted speakers. “Everybody in!” I say, herding the masses of people as they charge into the cavernous expanse. It takes some minutes for the laughing and chatting partygoers to get on board, but once they do I step in with them and the doors slide closed with a large booming sound. Pushing my way through the jam of people, I reach the control panel for the lift. I am about to press the button that will allow the lift to descend when I notice a small plaque just above the control panel. It reads:

‘Welcome to Big Bertha lifts and co, we hope you enjoy your ride!’

And just below that:

‘Weight limit: One.’

“Oh dear,” was all I could say, as a large creaking sound came from above our heads.

Then I woke up! And, after a few seconds, burst out laughing!

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 09-19-2001).]
Old 09-19-2001, 07:49 PM   #24
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpedge:
Great! Epona, Kaz: thanks for those. I've got a few comments about both of them, but haven't the time to write 'em up just now. For the time being, here's a 'funny':

I seem to be some sort of janitor or security guard. I am walking through an industrial area with a lot of construction work going on. It is time for me to lock up for the day, so I travel to an upper layer of offices via a big lift and go to check that nobody is still about. To my horror, I realise that a big bunch of workers have decided to have a party in one of the offices. I open the door and start shouting at them to get out. This is when it becomes a little like a Monty Python sketch. I stand beside the door, ushering them out and I realise that I have a lot more people here then I originally thought. For ages and ages I stand by the door and they filter through person after person until the corridor is jammed full of people moaning and griping. When they are all out and I close the door I find I now have a veritable horde of people on my hands, certainly far more then could have ever fit into that one office. Perplexed, I am now faced with the problem of how to get them to the lower level. “Alright!” I say. “We’ll use Big Bertha!” Leading the way, I take them down a corridor and eventually we reach the most massive pair of elevator doors I have ever seen. They are many meters wide, and the roof appears to have been extended to accommodate the fact that they also many meters tall. I step up to the doors and with a deep resounding “DING” they slide open. The area inside the lift is vast. It would put most high school meeting halls to shame and has a thick lustrous carpet over it’s floor and walls. Pleasant music drifts relaxingly from several wall-mounted speakers. “Everybody in!” I say, herding the masses of people as they charge into the cavernous expanse. It takes some minutes for the laughing and chatting partygoers to get on board, but once they do I step in with them and the doors slide closed with a large booming sound. Pushing my way through the jam of people, I reach the control panel for the lift. I am about to press the button that will allow the lift to descend when I notice a small plague just above the control panel. It reads:

‘Welcome to Big Bertha lifts and co, we hope you enjoy your ride!’

And just below that:

‘Weight limit: One.’

“Oh dear,” was all I could say, as a large creaking sound came from above our heads.

Then I woke up! And, after a few seconds, burst out laughing!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Your kidding? You dreamed that? Funny as shite! Well, at least in hindsight, probably not so funny while dreaming it, "one? OMG! I'm dead I'm dead!"

------------------
Old 09-19-2001, 08:04 PM   #25
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Your kidding? You dreamed that? Funny as shite! Well, at least in hindsight, probably not so funny while dreaming it, "one? OMG! I'm dead I'm dead!"

He he! No Kidding! And yes, I was pretty scared for a couple of seconds before I actually woke up. I thought... "Oh my god, what have I done?" and started thinking of how to get everyone out. Good thing it ended when it did. Personally though, I think my brain was just having a laugh with me from start to finish.

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."