Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2002, 01:50 PM   #1
SpongeBob SquarePants
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have been using the advice sum1 gave about using magic on yourself to level up (sorry i forgot your name) what i did do though was actuall make the magic item (a rather weak fire ball) hurt me, because i thought it would increase my ac rating, but alas it didnt, so is there any way i can do this and increase my ac class ?

cheers for your help guys ,

sponge bob
SpongeBob SquarePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 02:59 PM   #2
Da Coroner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't think magic damage will help your armor skills, the best way I've found is to either use a very poor quality weapon or a weapon enchanted to heal the target when it hits, then just pick your fights with non-diseased opponents and beat on each other for a while to increase both your weapon skill and your armor skill. Hand-to-hand fighting will only increase your armor when they damage your health, not your fatigue, so it's best to fight critters, skeleton warriors or low level smugglers (or anything else along those lines). When you get better or can heal yourself well enough you can let better opponents beat on you for a while, since they hit more frequently it'll take less time.

Hope that helps.
Da Coroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 03:21 PM   #3
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

You can also Summon Ancestral Ghost's and fight them. Conjuration goes up, armor and weapons too.

I have a 18 second A. Ghost spell I call "Mana Feeder" since I use the Antroch sign (the birthsign with 2x magicka bonus and 50 pt absorb magic, with Womburn = sleep does not regen magicka). At level 50 now and I have a hand-to-hand skill of 75 since you have to swing/hit the Ghost 4 times before he will attack.

I used a sword earlier in my character's career, but she now has a 100 sword skill and kills the ghost in one swing, which defeats my original purpose of using a Ghost to recharge her magicka battery [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 03:25 PM   #4
SpongeBob SquarePants
Elite Waterdeep Guard

cheers for the advice guys, iff off to try out my new found wisdom [img]smile.gif[/img]
SpongeBob SquarePants is offline   Reply With Quote