Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-10-2000, 12:57 AM   #11
bogus

ahh.. but if you play to optimize fightingpower you shouldn't play with any npc fighters at all.. you can make a lot better if you do a mpgame.. so the question in my mind has nothing to do with who is better than who (I don't even use any armor heavier than studded leather cause I think heavy armor is for fruits, I rarely use shields cuz they are also fo fruits) it's about style .. besides anomen is the most useless character in the game (he is much worse than minsc) he can't hit jack with his thac0 (at least not while I had him in the party to do his quest) .. and frankly a lawnornament is only so much fun ..

b

Old 12-10-2000, 12:58 AM   #12
Aegis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Minsc is the kewlest guy in the game except for the guy that gets hit by lightning in trademeet, Minsc rules!!

none can see, but my battlecry might give me away...

Aegis
Old 12-10-2000, 04:39 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You are the only one. I think there are better fighters in BG2 than Minsc (who never struck me as a Ranger, his kit would have been better as a Berserker or Barbarian) but I could never hate him. He has the second funniest dialogue in the game after Jan. Though I did find Kivan in BG1 very funny as well.

And of course in real life you wouldn't take him on! He'd be in a mental ward, don't you think? Big, big man...small, small brain...
Old 12-10-2000, 06:34 AM   #14
Artea

no your not the only one that hate Minsc, i don't care much for him eather. he's a wimp!

Old 12-10-2000, 10:01 AM   #15
Mandrake
Welcomed New User

Thats it Artea, boo just put out a hit on you too!
Old 12-10-2000, 01:16 PM   #16
Kaël

But stred
there's no-one as good as Kivan in Bg1

But still Minsc does suck
I NEVER had him (killed him in bg1 ) and hope i never will he just isn't really a good fighter is he

Old 12-10-2000, 01:31 PM   #17
bpm07

I don't like him that much. I do like his comments and his stupidity. But in combat, he's easilly charmed, confused, chaosed etc. and he has a knack of taking a lot of hits. I went through the game with my fighter and Keldorn and Jaheira as tanks, and with that combination I rarely had use for archers and mages! Minsc only got in the way and I spent half the time dispelling magic cast on him!

Old 12-10-2000, 03:53 PM   #18
Dawnsight

Minsc is an OK fighter. My problem is that he seems to make his comments more than anyone else. For every time that Aerie talks about "Such wonderful Stories", Mincs has said "...den of stinking evil...", "...hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!", and "But kicking for goodness" half dozen times each. It's funny the first 1000 times, but after a while I want to drop kick that rodent into the next game. I would buy a bunch of intelegence potions if it would make him shutup.

Old 12-10-2000, 05:25 PM   #19
stred
Welcomed New User

thanks Artea,Jakkin,Kaël,bpm07,Dawnsight i was starting to think that i am the only one.
As for the rest in pure fighting worth keldorn is soo much better (dont forget:holy avenger,dispel magic,true sight,sav thr. +2)
Even Valygar is better,much cooler character and i really hate that they didnt have Kivan in bg2 he was THE ranger.
Old 12-10-2000, 05:59 PM   #20
Mandrake
Welcomed New User

For those who dont like Minsc: What difficulty do you play on? Minsc is a slaughter machine in my party (Though I agree he does seem very weak against confusion)