Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-14-2004, 04:59 PM   #1
deadmoney
Dungeon Master

Smiley

Hello all-

Here's my questions about my monk (haven't ever played with them before). 1) I'm at the place in Underdark where they can upgrade weapons but I can't seem to get my monk's gloves upgraded. Is there a way around this or do I have to use his kama? Furthermore, should I even do that if I'm doing more damage with the twin fists something or other (like +5 and 2-12 elemental damage)? Would have the Hin Fist +7 be better for me even though it is less damage? Should I bail the whole idea and just use what I have? Aaaaaaaugh!

2) What are some of the favorites for equipment for monks? I have shining hands robes +4, Sun Soul boots+4, the gloves above, an intellect helm, hill giant belt, ring of elemental defense, commander's ring, and greater amulet of health. What do some of the uber monks prefer to these things? My plan is to work toward a RDD after a quick (and probably useless level as a sorcerer).

Thanks a lot and I look forward to hearing from you!
deadmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 03:45 AM   #2
ScottG
Drow Warrior

only weapons can be upgraded..

your better off making your own stuff in the construction toolkit. but don't make it too good.

do this by clicking on the construction (toolset) button when you first start up the game (i.e. pick "toolset" instead of "play"). then use the wizards to make a very small setting and name the setting (something like "treasure"). now start using the wizard menue to make equipment you want. then use the wizard to place a chest in the setting. then open up the chest inventory and look for your CUSTOM equipment and place it in the chest inventory slots. then save the setting.

now exit the toolset. go into your saved game and pick the "save character" button from the upper right box. Now exit that game. then go to play new game "treasure", choose your recently saved character. use the charater in the "treasure" setting to open the chest you placed there and pick-up your equipment. now save your character again. finally use that last save character to enter the beginning of the last chapter you played in HOTU (presumably chp. 2 from your description).

hmm, deadmoney? ..must be watching to much worldseries of poker.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote