Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-07-2003, 03:17 PM   #21
Lioness
Jack Burton

Dragonshadow: The first cafe was June 17th, 2001 I believe, or somewhere around there. [img]smile.gif[/img] Cloudy had her own ulterior motives for starting a spam zone...

One coffee coming up. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-07-2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Lioness ]
Old 05-07-2003, 03:25 PM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
Aaah, the lovely predictable British weather: the predicatable thibg is you can never preduct it!
By the way Cloudy, why did you start Cloudy's cafe? It's a good idea, but what gave you the insparation for it?
And can I order a coffee please?
It all started two years ago, back in those days Cloudy was a raging alcoholic, who spent all her time in bars. Of course you can't go to bars when you're online, so that's how the whole idea came up.

Later when she kicked the habit, alcohol got banned from the cafe, and now she acts like this all never happened.

Then came Johnny to IW, and smuggled sixpacks into the Cafe on a regular basis, to add some flavour to the place again.

Anyway, that's my story, and i'm sticking to it.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:30 PM   #23
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Dragonshadow: The first cafe was June 17th, 2001 I believe, or somewhere around there. [img]smile.gif[/img] Cloudy had her own ulterior motives for starting a spam zone...

One coffee coming up. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Cheers for the coffee.
okay. Great story you guys. Maybe I'll be hanging around the cafe more, and try to follow the conversation (I've been suffering from being invisable latly, and I might go *pop* any minute now into thin air. Or a thick ear. Depends.
*drinks coffee and takes anti-madness pills*
Old 05-07-2003, 03:31 PM   #24
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, Kaltia, my exams start in that week too...on the wednesday is my first, but that the only one! Yipee! And I'm gonna see the Matrix 2 on friday...aaah, life is good at the mo...

Welcome back, by the way, glad you've decided to pop back in now and then. [img]smile.gif[/img] (Kaltia)
Old 05-07-2003, 03:52 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*snicker* I knew I shouldn't leave you guys alone here! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

I actually started the Cafe threads because we had a lot of people wanting to say hi to one another, ask about their day or see how a new baby/pet/car was doing but they'd do it in threads not related to the topic at all and it would cause the flow of debate/discussion to be messed up, sometimes drawing some heat from the people participating. We need a place to have short 'real life' conversations where nobody cared if they got 'interupted' by other short conversations. [img]smile.gif[/img]

For example, rather than start a whole thread to ask Harly (for instance) how her kitty is doing today, I'd post it here in the Cafe so it wouldn't interrupt other discussions but I could find out what I wanted to know. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It worked out beautifully.

One of our members at the time, Rudedawg, encouraged me to go ahead and create the Cafe after I mentioned that I'd thought about it. So here it is, over a year later, still going strong.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:54 PM   #26
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:

*jumps on the Simba on the couch* who d'you think you are, huh, on my couch?? hmph... well maybe, I'll let you stay... there's a five cookie rent due though... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hey! Since when did you have a monopoly on the couch? [img]tongue.gif[/img] *you* own me a home-baked chocolate cake and an apology.

Cloudy's reasons for starting the cafe are incomprehendible by mortal senses. I've always seen her as an evil overlord type figure myself, sitting at her desk and cackling wildly as she watches her spammish tendrils slowly spreading out over the world...

but then, I have an active imagination. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 03:57 PM   #27
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

For those of you counting the days till Summer, or Winter in Wellards case, we have 92F and 90% humidity at the moment. I'm just glad it is still cool, because like they say "it ain't the heat it's the humidity".
I really sympathize with you Kat and slicer. I used to have exam times back in the days of my youth.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:11 PM   #28
Lioness
Jack Burton

Huh... I'll make you a cake, and you make me cookies, and we'll both die of horrible food.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:18 PM   #29
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

*My* cooking has improved leaps and bounds. [img]smile.gif[/img] True, you need a hammer and chisel to eat most of the things I prepare... but it builds strong teeth, I say. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 04:22 PM   #30
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

Arrow

Hiya all! Exams are coming unfortunately but I believe I will survive for another year. What fears me is my German examinations. Although I am very good at writing I cannot speak German at all. I have to think for a while (make this WHILE) to say a simple sentence. Never mind! I have 3 months until then.