Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-16-2001, 09:40 PM   #1
Mysta
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can someone please detail the flurry of blows ability that a monk has in the DnD rpg please. Seems like a broken skill if I am reading it right could someone point out the disadvantages as well as advantages for me pleeeeaee
Old 03-16-2001, 11:18 PM   #2
JJ/newbie

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by flurry of blows, but there is the stunning blow, which if successful means your opponent is stunned for the next 6 rounds and you really whale on them. hit the special abilities button on the bottom far right of your character's icon tray, then click on the icon that looks like a fist punching down through lightning. center the attack cursor on the opponent you want to hit with the stunning blow. Your monk will automatically for the next 6 turns attempt to hit with it. If it works, then they are stunned. Then you can really stomp them. Is that what you were talking about?

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-18-2001, 10:43 AM   #3
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Just a little * bump * before this thread sinks unanswered to the second page. Is "flurry of blows" an AD&D phrase?

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 03-18-2001).]
Old 03-19-2001, 05:38 AM   #4
Bleys
Dungeon Master

In the DnD rpg flurry of blows allows you to take an extra attack in a round but you have a -2 on all attacks that round. You can only do this when unarmed or using certan weapons. If you aready have 2 or more atack repeat your first attack then carry on with the rest. eg +6/+3 would become +4/+4/+1.

This ablity is good for when your enemy is triped, stunned, or just has low AC.
If you are fighting somthing with high AC you are probable better of not using the ability.

I hope this helps you