Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2002, 06:14 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

...Or does everyone hate the Beach Boys except me? Just because most of their music was made 40 years ago doesn't mean thay're bad. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I love the beach boys. They're like, cool. Has anybody even heard their music? I mean, when I go and hang out with my fiends (I mean friends) they listen to crap music. (no offense.) I mean, they sit there and listen to a CD of some sweaty guy screaming into a microphone, and say it's cool. (again, no offense to people who like that kind of music) Then I play my music, and they hate it! They talk about the Beach Boys' music like it's some kind of sick joke. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] I wonder if I'm the only one on IW too...
Old 08-18-2002, 06:16 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

I´d say you´ve got good taste in music, but that´s just me...
Old 08-18-2002, 06:21 PM   #3
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Thats the case with Rollin's Band to their old, but some ppl like some of thier songs

[ 08-18-2002, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: TheGrandSlayer ]
Old 08-18-2002, 06:22 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

I'm not keen on the Beachboys. And it has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the fact it was made 40 years ago. Most of the music I love was made in the 60s, in fact I get teased about it by some of my mates.

And yes, I've heard lots of their stuff. Good Vibrations is quite a good track. It's just that most of their stuff does nothing for me. I'm more into Soul & Ska personally, just my taste.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:23 PM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

I'm not a big fan of Beach Boys mainly because most of their songs seem to sound alike. I do like a few songs, though.

Mark
Old 08-18-2002, 06:52 PM   #6
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I'm not a big fan of Beach Boys mainly because most of their songs seem to sound alike. I do like a few songs, though.

Mark
I'm not a big fan of rap either because most of the songs sound alike to me. I like the Beach Boys' music mainly because of the depth of the music and the wall of sound that their chorus of voices gives, if you know what I mean. I sure don't! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2002, 08:54 PM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I like the music wery mutch so you have good taste there Willard and i agree the "crap" music of today is not my kinda music maby some is great but thats it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Also music from "Dr Hook" and "Bellamy Brothers" is great i think.