Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #241
dplax
Jack Burton

Vindson

Heroes? Again? Vindson had been reluctant even the first time he had to take the mantle of saving others upon himself. The adventuring life afterwards had suited him, and he had no complaints, but he was not a born hero.

"I guess that all we can do is wait...if all turns to hell, I'll have to accept the priest's offer of doing something with my leg. I'm of not much use if every step I make is another moment of agony."

Vindson smiled when he saw Oley pour the drink from his flask. "You know, old friend, whatever everyone says in this town, whatever the minor mishaps with your experiments might have been, you always knew when you needed to have a clear head."
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #242
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Oley

A clear head is what I've been trying to avoid, Oley thought. "I fear you're right, our scars provide comfort in their familiarity, but cripple us in practicality." He looked mournfully at the liquid staining his stairs, "At least I'll have an apprentice soon enough to clean messes like that up." Oley chuckled half to himself, then more loudly, "I've got a bit of magic that I've had hidden away in case I needed to clean up in a hurry, It will be most unpleasant to use it though... like cutting off a scar so the healer can heal it without the damaged tissue, very painful, but useful in the long run.[/b]"
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:05 AM   #243
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
OOC: Sorry Xaver, Pandaros can't hold out any longer to search!

Pandaros

"Hey, you two may not want to look around, but after all the work of killing the damn beast I'm not leaving until every corner is searched!"

The scout moved to the corner with the boulders and used his torch to search around them, shifting smaller ones if necessary to get a good view.
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:33 PM   #244
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

"Sorry, Pandaros, I just figured searching around was a job better suited for a scout or a thief, than a dwarven cleric." Xaver grabbed the wooden club, examined it for a few seconds then gave it a swing. The "weapon", if it could be called a weapon, was too large for him to wield properly, and probably as valuable as the pile of straw on the creature's bed. The dawrf dropped the piece of wood and approached his companion. "Found anything among those boulders?"
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #245
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Gillian

Gillian let the multi-coloured cube drop back to the desk and sighed. At first the six colours had been mixed seemingly at random across the different faces and a few minutes manipulation had revealed the clever way the smaller cubes twisted and spun around their axes. It only took the work of a few more minutes to take the whole thing apart and then re-assemble it the pleasing arrangement it now held – each side a uniform colour.

He looked up at the door where Oley had left and that showed no sign of movement. Considering that curiosity was probably a more desirable quality in a potential student than the ability to sit in one place if instructed, Gillian pushed through the door that Kuan had taken and found himself in the ‘menagerie’. He saw Kuan and his familiar sat on the floor seemingly engrossed in a number of books.

”What are you reading?”, he said smiling in case the pair looked up.

[ 06-02-2007, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Armen ]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #246
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Kuankreid (& Ainyra)

“Codex Magicus, some golem construction books, and a silver book with white gold runes.” Kuan said, without bothering to look up. “I’m considering trying to craft a miniature golem; a construct the height of my knee, metal and built solidly. It will carry things – such as my pack.”

“Kuan! Is that anyway to greet a friend?” Ainyra chided him, elbowing him in the gut hard enough to make the elf grunt. “Hello Gillian,” the sprite smiled warmly up at him, actually pausing long enough to stop reading the book, “How did your meeting with Archmage Oley go? Find anything interesting?”

“Uh yeah. Greetings and well met…”

“You could try to sound more convincing…” the little sprite sighed in exasperation, “Ignore him Gillian – he has absolutely no manners. I despair to think what he’d be like if I ever had to take him into even more polite company…”

Kuan said nothing for a moment then changed the subject, “I wonder if our resident archmage is taken leave of his sanity… look over there. These… monkey-pony abominations and… ugh.”

“While they are grotesque, you should be polite about our host.”

“Yes, yes. What do you think, Gillian?”

“Hmmph.”
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:42 AM   #247
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Locke Manor – The Guest Wing

Joseph

Outside the door to his room time passes, despite the unusual, even exciting, events of these recent days, with its accustomed and measured movement of full and ordinary minutes incrementing into full and ordinary hours. Within this room, however, there is a different sort of measure about the movement of minutes into hours and, indeed, of hours into days. Outside the door to his room the business of living and the tending to affairs both mundane and unusual proceed apace together beneath a common standing under the movement of a common sun. Within this room, however, the common movement of light between poles of shadow and the common waxing and waning of shadow beneath the movement of light provide a measure of little meaning. But within that small measure of little meaning there is a surplus – a hidden fullness – that has been allowed to emerge within the limited space behind this door and between these walls.

Mere hours have passed on the other side of his door, but here, within this room, he has slept and rested for more than day. On the other side of his door morning has given way to afternoon which in turn has passed into evening. But on this side of his door a day and a half of rest has given way to another day of thought and study and reading and another full night of sleep. A short while ago according to the measure of time that obtains on the other side of this door, Jeanette, the maid, left this very room convinced she would be chastised for having listened at such length to the curiously compelling conversation of the visitor for whom she has been caring only to be pleasantly surprised in finding that her estimation of the time that had passed in such conversation - she thought it to be at least an hour – was much less, decidedly much less, than she could readily believe.

The passing of time beyond the door and the relief of a maid at not having been too negligent in her duties matter little to him, however. The enchantment has served its purpose. He is a bit embarrassed, truth be told, at its artlessness, but one can only trust a healer so far before one must take a more direct role in one’s own recovery. The Lockes have been content to allow him his rest and he is equally content to convey the impression that rest is still the order of the day with him. Indeed, his recovery is still far from complete. But there is the matter of the book, that tome lying even now on the table before him still wrapped in the traveling cloak of one Larry Silverfall, that prize the youth had seized for him from the treasury of that One who so artlessly wields what is called the power of Modding Shadow.

He smiles.

[ 06-03-2007, 02:47 AM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #248
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Gillian

Gillian regarded the creature curiously for a minute. It appeared to be a genuine, if entirely pointless construction. He had no moral objection to the thing but on grounds of taste alone . . . He sighed and looked back to Kuan. ”It does seem that my potential master has a slightly more developed flair for the dramatic than I would ideally prefer but then we all have to make our way in the world somehow.” He watched as the monkey-part stroked the donkey-part behind it’s ear and wondered briefly if it felt to the monkey like he was scratching his own ear or whether the donkey felt like it was scratching it’s own ear with, for some reason, a monkey paw. He shook his head – biological metaphysics was never likely to be his strong point he realised.

”Maybe he just likes weird animal things. Whatever the motivation, it’s pretty impressive skill I’ll give him that” He sat on the floor and leaned back against the wall. ”There are no need for social niceties here though Kuan. I should apologise to you for disturbing your study. Please continue and if I can help at all while I wait for Oley . . . “
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:40 PM   #249
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: A little something for TAO.

Sombra

There will be no moon tonight and she would sing of the absence of its light. But the pain within her throat will not allow the raising of even the simplest of words above a whisper. Song – even that is denied her. Despite her power, despite that additional power which she has seized from the Other, that power which too is hers by right, the wound in her throat, the wound which left her gasping and vulnerable – VULNERABLE! – refuses to be healed by any magic that is hers to command. And so the sky will be black this night, devoid of light, beautifully vacant, wondrously still and terribly empty, and she will be silent.

Her features, still not fully tangible but verging upon a genuine fullness, contort into a soundless snarl. The humiliation is great. Greater than the pain. But a pain so great as this is also a sign, a sign that hers is now a life of no small substance for the immaterial can not be so wounded. And if her substance is so real as this pain would indicate then the Other’s substance must indeed be greatly diminished. Her expression grows thoughtful. It will be some days yet before her voice returns, and these days will be spent in silence. But neither these days nor this silence will be wasted. Her voice will raise no song to the stark and black emptiness of the sky this night, but a song will sound in her heart, a wordless song of defiant hatred, and soon enough the song within her heart will find voice in the pain of the Other.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #250
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

The scout tapped his bow against his thigh as he paced a quick circuit around the back of the cavern.

"Well, I guess you guys were right in wanting to leave quickly. Not only is this place dark, dank, smelly, and filthy, there's no hidden treasures. You'd think a giant monster like that would have had the sense to leave something worthwhile for the valiant heroes who eventually bested it."

Pandaros shook his head and started back towards the cavern's entrance, torch held high to light the way.

"Now, did someone say something about apples?"
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote