Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 04-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #151
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Xaver initially thought of setting fire at the entrance to draw the monster out. He abandoned the idea when he saw how deep the cave was. Obviously, a fire would not affect the giant much and would only make them lose the element of surprise - assuming they had any.

When he saw the body, Xaver turned back and motioned to Pandaros to come closer. He pointed to the corpse in the armor. "Well, I think this proves beyond any doubt we've reached the right place. I wonder if our friend is home. As far as I know, most giants are diurnal species, but we don't really know what we're against here.

Well, I guess there is nothing for us to do but to continue on."
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #152
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anarrima

Even as Ana prayed to her goddess for the remission of guilt she felt at the death of Marcos and for the request she had at replinishing her spell power for the mission that she was currently serving in the Lockesville area, she became aware of the life awakened in the forest around her. Tao was close to the woods, equal and different to that of an elf, for she found her power directly from the forest whilst the elves made use of the forest as a home and lived together with it. Both lived in harmony with the trees, but Tao's connection to that harmony was more fixed on her servitude to it, and it to her. While Ana prayed, she could also feel the power of the prayer that Tao offered, and the forest's answer in turn. It was amazing to hear the trees chatting back and forth, each in turn telling the next what was taking place within a grove of oaks. The animals were made to stop and show reverence.

For Team TAVY

However, there was one animal nearby in serious pain, wounded by a human's blade and when it heard of a power that could talk to the forest, it sought out these visitors, hoping that they would help.

A wounded cougar sniffed out the location of a wolf...though not quite a wolf...and three elves. The third elf was not entirely an elf either, but shared blood with a human, though this did not matter right now.

It came upon the four. One elf, the female, was sitting in reverent solitude. The two males that were with her stood nearby and chatted softly. The wolf-druid was within a nearby grove, also being watched over by the two males who stood as gaurds over the females. The cougar padded quietly over to the two males and spoke, hoping that they would understand, hoping that they would allow it to ask the druid for help.

OOC>>>Yevaud and/or Vincent can move as they see fit.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #153
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Vincent Pathfinder

Vincent heard the call of the land, he could only stand in awe at the Druids power "How sweet it is!" he thought. Standing there with Yevaud while searching for a good shaft of yew, he spotted an mountain lion padding there way, it was injured and coming at them in the way that only a creature of this nature could, asking for aide. Falling back on his training, Vincent attempted to use his innate abilities to speak with animals of this type to set it at ease and to fix it's wound. Speaking with the cat, he set it's mind at ease, letting it know that the druid was communing with the land but it will have its moment. In the mean time however, he would tend to the wound if it would let him.

edit for tags
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #154
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Kuankreid (& Ainyra)

“Ah, you know,” Kuan shrugged, “See the world, travel a bit, get away from home... meet new people, make new friends, experience life and pick up knowledge here and there. No one ever got good just by staying at home and never testing themselves.” Then a smile touched his lips, “And 'Kuan', please.”

“What is that?” Ainyra more demanded than asked, staring at the floor. “This is silly. Kuan, just blast a wall or something and make your own way in. I'm not in the mood to play games.” She sniffed, “Or maybe go to the pub and return with alcohol. Maybe this mage will stop playing games.” She snorted, not seeing the point of - or more accurately, not caring for these tests.

“It might be warded against that. And I don't think blasting our way through will work.”

“Why not? If you don't like the game, make your own rules. Surely its more of a test of character than actual riddles. These things usually are.”

Kuan sighed and rubbed his temples. “Maybe you can talk some sense into her, Gillain.”
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #155
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

The scout nodded to Xaver, his eyes examining the corpse. Training and experience took over from years spent hunting, tracking and fighting. Pandaros didn't speak, only motioned for the dwarf to continue.

He kept his bow at the ready and senses alert for the first sign of an attack.
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #156
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Pandaros and Xaver

The two creeped deeper into the cave, and saw that the main passage continued onward at the same height as the entrance...large enough for a giant to make his home. By now, the failing light of day left nothing to illuminate the darkness and they were too deep inside anyway. Only Xaver's innate ability could take them further.

Xaver could see a side passage in the left-side wall that was large enough to go through if one were to turn side-ways and push through, single file. Nearly at the same moment, sounds were coming from the main passage...and getting louder. Sounds of something walking in their direction, perhaps.

For Team TAVY

The feline understood what the half-elf was attempting to say through the special manner that rangers can speak with animals, and was set at ease. It would allow this one to stop the bleeding, and wait patiently for the one who spoke with the forest.

In the meantime, the cougar attempted to speak back to the half-elf and his friend, the other full-blood elf male. He wondered if they had seen Ariella recently, for nobody passes through this forest without her knowing of it...however she had not been seen in the period of a few days and some of the forest life were beginning to get worried. The cougar sent the mental image of a beautiful swan to the mind of the ranger.

[ 04-05-2007, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 04-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #157
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever

At the day's first visual contact of Pandaros and Xaver (albeit at a distance), Sever was keen to pick up the pace and explain his absence. Reasoning that the pair had followed the larger set of tracks all the way to the cave entrance, he felt confident that his comrades had located a likely place for the lair of their prey. Hungry or no (and he was, especially after not seeing any four legged dinner dragged by the pair) what was important now was to make sure that the ranger and the dwarf didn't act too hastily in their search. Though they had no way of knowing it, a little extra help was on the way. The thought made Sever curse his delayed mission yet again. Despite notions of who and what he was, he knew he'd feel guilt's icy embrace if any harm came to them directly through his absence.

Determined to reach them before they ventured too far into the cave, Sever renewed his climb at a quickened pace.
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #158
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Xaver listened to the noice coming from the tunnel ahead. "Well, this is where we make our stand. Get ready, Pandaros."

He examined his axe for one quick moment, then closed his eyes and sarted silently praying to Clangeddin*.

*Casts Prayer.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:08 PM   #159
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

Pandaros drew his bowstring taut and aimed in the direction of the footsteps. He squinted in a vain attempt to see through the darkness, then whispered hurriedly to his companion.

"I can't see too well, Xaver. I'll aim for the sounds and fire on your command to avoid hitting you. Just tap my shoulder when you want me to let loose the arrow. After that, I'll try to close in with my sword."

The scout stood ready to fire, holding for Xaver's signal.
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #160
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Who lives in the Cave ?

This new cave had become a good home. It was an easy distance up the hills from a forest that helped conceal their passage as they came down to eat at night. The forest itself held few things of interest because the animals were too skinny, but the town that was nearby had fat animals that were easy to capture. Some of the people in the town had also ended up as a delicious meal. This was such a great place to live.

Once again, the darkness had come and it was time to go search for food.

"Me so hungry now!" Cried the first.

"Me more hungry than you!" Said the second.

"Me morest hungry! Me...hey! Me smell food in cave...Where it at?"

"Me too! Me smell it! Me find it first!"

The sound of heavy walking turned into a thunderous quickening of steps and suddenly Xaver could see it as it came right up to the pair. An ettin stood right over them, surprised to find you here...and looking very hungry.

OOC>>>The team was more prepared to fight and was at the ready when the ettin came upon you two, and its slight hesitation at finding you here has given you the initiative to attack first...or run...whichever you see most fit.