Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 07:50 AM   #111
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever

Sever struggled to control any outward signs of the humiliation that was steadily rising within him at Simon Loche's rebuttal. To be caught red handed was bad enough for Sever's pride. To be caught red handed in a well-to-do manor by the owner himself and then dismissed as harmless just as quickly was even worse. But the real pinch came with the method of his detection.

How the?..

No betraying noise had Sever made whilst in shadow. He was quite sure of that. No extraordinary skills of perception did Simon possess. He was reasonably sure of that. And yet there was nothing to suggest that Simon had walked through that door for any reason other than to expose him. It was simply too abrupt and purposeful to be left to chance. No. Something else was at work here. Sever's mind pondered such as he dealt with the immediate situation at hand.

In a not-too feigned show of confusion, Sever stepped back from younger Locke brother. Small mercies appeared to be order of the day here, and Sever doubted he'd see such a mercy again as long as he lived. If drunk he was, then drunk he was happy to be. His automatic responses kicked in and his posture changed to resemble that of one half-cut as subtley as could be achieved. Eyes lowered to the floor in shame, Sever responded to the order.

"Yes, of course."

Turning on the spot and barely looking at the maid who had been dispatched for a guard, Sever headed for the door. But for reasons he did not fully understand, it bothered him for Simon to think less of the thief as he obviously did now. Against all good sense, and at risk to the get-out-jail-free card he'd just been granted, Sever offered the Lord of Lockesville the slightest of hints as he left. Rhetorical in its delivery, Sever hoped it summarised his purpose in being there, though not so soon as to hinder his flight.

"No material thing have i taken today. You can offer me your wine when my job is done."

As he headed to meet the guard in transit, his act faded and it occured to him that his morning's purpose had been achieved somewhat. An idea formed in his head as to how Simon could have known his whereabouts. With that realisation came the desire to hasten his retreat from the manor even more.

Oh Gods! Not another bloody mage!

[ 03-21-2007, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:25 AM   #112
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

GM to Pandaros

You begin to haste away, now aware of nearby danger. However, you have no idea from what direction this problem may surface from and you jog on, hoping to stay clear of the danger that the birds have warned you about.

Much to your dismay, the leaves on a bush behind you and to the left begin to shake and out springs a mountain lion (also known as a cougar or puma). Outrunning this thing would never be possible, and it springs on you from the back, knocking you over and at the same time, its claws dig into your shoulders and its maw finds the back of your neck.

Pandaros: Suffered a total of 15 hp claw and bite damage.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #113
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Yevaud

Yevaud had spent some time relaxing in the crude human inn, it failed to offend him on every level, so he counted it better than his last experience with humanity. He went down to the common room where Grant the clerk at the front desk of the inn was looking bored and slightly less out of his league than he'd probably been a month or two ago when he was hired. "Hello sir," the elf said in heavily accented common, "I have rested some, and was pondering whether or not you knew of a place here where I might aquire some magicks, in the form of spells, scrolls, or potions." He flashed a few silver coins on the counter as he asked to try and loosen the lad's lips.

ooc: perceptions are of course from Yevaud's point of view, not the actual circumstances around the area
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:35 PM   #114
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Gillian

Arriving at Oley’s shack, Gillian eyed it with well-concealed distaste. If there was one thing he had come to dislike it was showy wizardry and Oley’s place reminded him too much of those city mages who seemed to think that wowing the populace was more important than the serious business of magic. Still, he knew better than most that appearances could be deceptive and that sometimes the best way to hide was to stand out. He was also reserving judgment on the townsman’s description of Oley’s ‘drink problem’ but suspected that too was part of the arch mage’s design.

Knowing better than to open the door, Gillian knocked firmly but politely and called, “Arch Mage Oley. I would speak with you if you are free.” After standing for a moment, if no immediate answer came he would sit on one of the chairs and wait for a while, listening for any sounds from within.
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #115
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

NPC Grant to Yevaud

Grant smiled at the coins that had been offered, but more excited he was to talk to this elf again! He'd only helped him to his room earlier and now the elf was back again with more questions!

"Of course I do, Mr. elf, sir. It's Oley you be seekin'! He's outside the walls to the East of Town. Can't miss'em. His hut is all magic-lookin'. He's the only house out there that ain't no farm. Are ye gonna be stayin' with us a while more?"
Old 03-23-2007, 09:10 AM   #116
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Simon Locke

Simon shook his head in disgust and disappointment. He hoped the other two guys were doing well enough on the mission. He turned, making sure nobody was there to peek inside, and reentered the room he'd just came from, finding Joseph waiting on him.

"That was a rather handy spell on that mirror, Master Joseph. It has shown me that I may have placed too much faith in some people. If that is my weakness, then I must find a way to remedy it before the consequences come."
Old 03-23-2007, 02:37 PM   #117
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

The bow flew from Pandaros' grip as he tumbled to the ground. Pain seared his back and shoulders, forcing an involuntary shout of pain and alarm. Some small part of his brain hoped that Xaver heard the shout, but the rest of his mind was absorbed with getting rid of the immediate threat.

Pandaros struggled to turn and face the creature, pulling his sword free with one hand with his other arm rose to protect his throat and face. He hoped to thrust the sword into the animal's flank, but at this point he would consider any damage to it a positive outcome.
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #118
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

The door opened soundlessly revealing a massive well groomed parlor with a checkerboard pattern on the floor inside directly after an interior welcome mat. The walls are all covered in thick burgundy curtains that block all exterior light and the room is well lit without any apparent source of illumination. There are a few chairs along the wall on your side of the room, and the floor tiles are almost all marked with a variety of assorted letters (ooc: I'll have to check and see if either Larry or myself still has the map of the tiles, if not I'll rewrite it over the weekend). There is also a pullcord near the door almost hidden behind a curtain.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:41 AM   #119
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

GM to Pandaros

GM checks Pandaros's stats to the kitty's stats... [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

The cougar maws on your protective left arm that is covering your throat and face as you raise your blade to stab at it on the right side. The stab is successfully met with animal flesh and the cougar leaps off of you by removing its flank to your left side, away from the pain and now on the ground, yet continues to bite at your left arm. It no longer pins you to the ground but for its face in yours.

Cougar: damage taken
Pandaros: 6 hp bite damage to the left arm
Old 03-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #120
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

The moment he heard Pandaros' shout, the dwarf knew the scout was in danger and broke into a run in the direction the shout came from.
When he arrived at the scene, he saw Pandaros lying on the ground trying to defend himself against the attack of mountain lion. Afraid that his swinging axe might hit the scout by mistake, Xaver decided to draw the animals attention towards him. He took a stone from the ground and threw it at the lion, then threw another one. "Hey, over here!" he shouted, then drew his axe and held his shield ready, hoping the animal leaves Pandaros for a while and attacks him instead.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote