Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 05:19 PM   #21
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

There's only a few stat enhancing tomes. ie you can legally add one strength permanently to your PC if you find the strengyh tome. My human fighter started life with a strength of 18 but finished (and was imported to BG2) with a legal strength of 19. Same applies for dexterity, wisdom etc. I think Nanobyte meant the max' legally available stats after using the available tomes as opposed to maxing the stats to 25 period.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.

[This message has been edited by Cavern Sniffer (edited 07-13-2001).]
Old 07-13-2001, 06:19 PM   #22
SwordBaron
Dungeon Master

One other thing about playing BG1 even if you cheat, if some one in your party like Minsc or jahiera say anything and are refering to something that was said in BG1 you know what they are talking about so you dont get confused, I did that then got BG1 and played it, so now I know what is being said, but I still play BG1 to get different classes and see what happens with them and play BG11 with that class and see what happens like a palladin I am playing now in BG1 to see what happens in BG11.

------------------
Evil meet my trusty sword. SWORD MEET EVIL!!!
Old 07-13-2001, 06:37 PM   #23
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi..

In answer to a few of your questions...

A monk is an incredible class to play in BGII - the ability to fight unarmed and land stunning blows or the deadly 'quivering palm' is a very satifying way to beat up your opponents... to think that a single palm strike can drop the hardest opponents but the most powerful weapons in the game cannot (except for a lucky vorpal sword hit) - very cool class - they also move quickly, can hide in shadows, heal themselves and develop a natural magic resistance - awesome class.

Icewind Dale is also an excellent RPG but it's lighter on the story and dialogue and very combat oriented - it's great fun to play - I still like BGII better - playing Icewind in the 'Spine of the World' setting is kinda cool though - very fun rpg that is worth buying if you like infinity engine rpgs - the Heart of Winter add-on is a little weak though.

Cheers,
Eddith