Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-26-2004, 11:53 AM   #21
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I don't like smoking, in fact I hate it. But if people do want to smoke, let them.
As Hivetyrant said, let them smoke but don't breathe it on me
Old 11-26-2004, 12:02 PM   #22
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
I don't like smoking, in fact I hate it. But if people do want to smoke, let them.
As Hivetyrant said, let them smoke but don't breathe it on me
Most of the time, when I am with a non-smoking friend in a smoking zone, I blow the smoke sideways and towards the floor. It caused me a lot of inconvenient but I have learn to accept it. I am sure some of my fellow smokers do that do (maybe not ALL the time).

As Stromy has said it: just because you do not approve of smoking, does not give you the right to ban it because others enjoy it.

Tighter smoking control, yes. Smoking ban? I will fart more to compensate for the lack of smoke. Try banning that instead.

Quote:
And I assume that if we were eliminating smoking GI's then we'd be eliminating smoking German and Japanese soldiers and sailors as well, so on balance of probability, the outcome of WW II would have been the same.
I am hazy about historical figure, but if I am right, both Franklin D. Roosevelt and Wiston Churchill are smokers. If we were to eliminate non-smokers from the WWII era, that leaves the non-smoking Hitler unopposed.

[ 11-26-2004, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 11-26-2004, 01:02 PM   #23
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
i realise paladin that smokers have a right to smoke, but...do they really need to smoke where i am eating?
Do you really need to eat where they're smoking?
Old 11-26-2004, 01:40 PM   #24
Landon Contressior
Dungeon Master

I belive that we as smokers have the should right to smoke anywhere we choose, other than peoples homes and around flamible matrials. IF you don't like teh smoke, then go away, i am a nice smoker. but when people start talking about banning on of the things i like to do, i get a bit edgey. i am nice to my non-smoking freinds. but i don't believe that smoking should be banned or restricted unless i am near flamable objects or materials, or in a non-smokers home, as i said before. If i am smokeing in a resturant and you don't like it, then leave, there are mroe non-smokers than smokers, right? surly you can find a place without smokers. In the Preamble to the Constitution, it clearly states that i have the right to life, liberity, and "PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS". smoking where ever i please in public is a happyness of mine. so please, just leave us smokers alone. thank you.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:42 PM   #25
Chewbacca
Zartan

I just discovered the joy of ordering smokes online from native American reservation stores.

1/2 the price and no tax!

Anyway, I enjoy smoking and respect the space of non-smokers.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:46 PM   #26
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Let's face it. IT'S BAD FOR YOU! And if it affects others then, you can't do it. That's like pouring all your toxic sludge on the ground and saying it doesn't affect anybody!
Old 11-26-2004, 02:30 PM   #27
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

Paladin, if you consider blowing smoke sideways an inconvinience, just imagine how inconvinient it must be for your non-smoking friend to come and sit with you in a smoking section in the first place. we non-smokers usually don't smoke for a good reason - either we find the taste and smell disguisting, hate the smoke itself, are worried about the related health hazards or something else. now think about the fact, that your non-smoking friend chooses to ignore these reasons, every time he/she joins you in the smoking section.
that's tolerance for you...
Old 11-26-2004, 03:08 PM   #28
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by frudi_x:
Paladin, if you consider blowing smoke sideways an inconvinience, just imagine how inconvinient it must be for your non-smoking friend to come and sit with you in a smoking section in the first place. we non-smokers usually don't smoke for a good reason - either we find the taste and smell disguisting, hate the smoke itself, are worried about the related health hazards or something else. now think about the fact, that your non-smoking friend chooses to ignore these reasons, every time he/she joins you in the smoking section.
that's tolerance for you...
the same could be said of smokers, most of us try and be considerate of those arounds us. just because there are some people who smoke that do not care does not give you the right to presume that all smokers have no consideration. most smokers do not find non-smokers preaching to be tolerable either. as sadi before if you find it offensive and are in a resturaunt that does not ban it, leave, no one is forcing you to stay and breath it in. but I also understand how you feel. not trying to be rude about it and say you do not have a right to be there either, just pointing out you make a choice by being there...

[ 11-26-2004, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 11-26-2004, 03:17 PM   #29
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
as sadi before if you find it offensive and are in a resturaunt that does not ban it, leave, no one is forcing you to stay and breath it in.
Why should the non-smokers leave? They're not slowly killing the smokers - it's kinda the other way around.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:58 PM   #30
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
as sadi before if you find it offensive and are in a resturaunt that does not ban it, leave, no one is forcing you to stay and breath it in.
Why should the non-smokers leave? They're not slowly killing the smokers - it's kinda the other way around. [/QUOTE]you are making the choice on staying, most rude smokers do not care, so I was giving advice, if it bothers you leave. if you are in a resturaunt that does not ban smoking, then the smokers have just as much right to be there as non-smokers.