Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-04-2006, 02:35 PM   #1
Law
Dungeon Master

It sure is quiet around here.
So here is some more info about my last character.

CONAN the Barbarian (Lizzord)
Rules:
Started as a Warrior but immediately changed to Barbarian. No other class changes. Thus he never had any spells. He could use the temple for healing or use potions that he found. I did not buy anything from the stores.

No guild training allowed. All skills must use skill points each level.
With two exceptions, I trained him in Forge and Artifacts skills.
I did this for my convenience, I had already run a game without these and running back to town to identify and repair items was tedious.

Biggest problem was the Amazonia Mantraps. I finally killed them by using arrows, shurikens, and sword. I usually get the Mantraps stuck in the narrow path right past Scanthril’s group (burnt out house). Before this game I had never had them get out, but as I shot arrow after arrow at them (only about 1 in 20 would hit), one would wiggle out.
This was OK since I could not last long with their multiple gas attacks but once I was only facing one of them I could get close and pound and it would mostly try and "bite" me.

The Boogre Cave was interesting. I killed the Jungle Lilies by the exit by having them follow me into the teleport rooms. I killed the Jungle Lilies by the Idle of Akbu by crushing them with the door opened by the evil eye. The single "loose" Jungle Lilly by Idle of Akbu I could take out by sword.

But one thing I had not noticed before was that when you become a boogre you lose your "race" trait, I lost the Snakeskin trait while a boogre. This became a problem since I was used to being immune to poison (I was wearing Algamesh’s amulet) so I had no cure poison potions. Then the Lillies poisoned me and I had no healing magic or cure poison spell. I finally remembered that the boogre brew was also a cure poison potion and went a bought some.

By the end of the game Conan had over 500 hp and his level was in the 60s.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

WOW!!!

Sounds like a very interesting game and character! I liked the rules/restrictions you set up to make the game challenging!

Thanks for sharing, Law!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:02 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Interesting... sounds like a fun and challenging game!

And you learned something new as well... I don't think that I've noticed losing your racial abilities before. I'll have to experiment with that...

More! More!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #4
Law
Dungeon Master

Other notes about this game:

Since I could not use the store I had to collect all the arrows or shurikens that I needed to kill the Amazonia Mantraps.

I did this by playing Dodge the Arrow (or any range weapon). This is moving sideways (or sometimes "strafing"). This is way too easy. Why are thrown weapons moving so slow?

The trolls would give me lots of willow arrows.
The rats would give me lots of shurikens. In fact it seemed that when I picked up the shurikens from the ground after a fight I would get about 5 for every one that was thrown.

The throwing knives where too much of a hassle to use since they weigh 5 pounds each. What's up with that? That is like throwing a 4 pound mallet. I guess, if you can't get the pointed end to hit then you would get crushing damage.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote