Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-30-2004, 04:56 PM   #21
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
While I agree with a lot of what you've said, I don't tend to buy into the 'if they were psychic, they'd always be right in their predictions' argument.
Nor am I claiming that, you're turning it the other way around now. But if I make a thousand predictions right now, chances are that at least one of 'em will prove to be correct in the longer run; that still doesn't make me psychic, though. It's the possibility of being correct purely coincidently that I'm trying to address here. [/QUOTE]Yes, that's true. Fair enough! [img]smile.gif[/img] Although, of course, we don't know the track record of the psychics, so it is only an estimate (a cynical one ) that they have all these failed predictions behind them

I actually saw a show about revealing the secrets of psychics where a John Edward (is it Edward or Edwards?) type psychic was showing how they find out all the people coming to the show and then beforehand, they send people to their houses and ask to come in to use the phone or something so they can work out the layout and then the 'psychic' can use all that info, or knick-knacks, photos etc., they see and so on in the 'reading'. It's quite scary that they can get away with stuff like that - and all these gullible people just lap it up! I'm sure they justify it by talking about how they're making the people feel good about their dead relative and so on [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2004, 04:59 PM   #22
Stratos
Vampire

I can't help but to wonder about the metaphysical and philosophical implications if fortune telling is actually true...
Old 09-30-2004, 05:02 PM   #23
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Most psychics are con artists, but i do believe there are some "gifted" people outthere. Or "cursed" if you will. If you can look into the future, you'll also know the day of your own death.
But you'll also know the day of death of those around you...

-Dude, don't take your car to work tomorrow!
-OMFG, what's gonna happen, what's gonna happen, TELL ME!?!
-...Nothing.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:41 PM   #24
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

I believe that there are some people out there with that gift...but sometimes psychic investigators are just frauds.
I think it would be good to see into the future, then you can prepare for things to come.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 09-30-2004, 10:06 PM   #25
Gxc
Elminster

hmm, I think there is someone out there thats a psychic and can really see that future but of course they are lots of people out there that a cons. But I think there is someone but i dont think they could acually see everything in the future but yeah.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:02 PM   #26
Aerich
Lord Ao

I'd say maybe at most 1% of those that claim to be psychic actually have any legitimacy - maybe less. I don't think that actual "gifts" of intuition and foresight can be controlled.

I'm scientist enough to discredit claims of psychic powers, yet scientist enough not to rule out the possibility and potentials of the brain.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:36 PM   #27
wellard
Dracolisk

I FORSEE that if waltz1982 makes another spam/advert post like this he will have a choco +5 smackdown to contend with.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 10-01-2004, 12:00 AM   #28
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Wow this guy has posted this one topic word for word on another fourm. make this forum number 3 now.

Check it out.

http://www.realmofinfamy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360

LOL methinks he may be the producer of this show he mentions.....
Old 10-01-2004, 12:07 AM   #29
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Most psychics are con artists, but i do believe there are some "gifted" people outthere. Or "cursed" if you will. If you can look into the future, you'll also know the day of your own death.
Funny you should say that. Last year I went to a fortune teller, who told me that she didn't see anything happening to me beyond september. On 1st october she was hit by a bus while crossing the road. Apparently she didn't see it coming.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:39 AM   #30
Aerich
Lord Ao

Ah, see, she didn't pay herself money to look into her own future. Perfectly explainable.