Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2000, 05:25 PM   #11
Tara

I almost forgot about that guy in the Trademeet bar- you're right! #1 in the top 10 of weird things!

Old 11-15-2000, 06:25 PM   #12
Wretched

If you walk up to that guy with one of your NPCs, you can talk to him without him exploding. He doesn't really say anything that gives any clues as to why he explodes, though.

As for weird moments, here's one I had:

I was playing an evil party, and was tromping through the Shade Lord's lair, when I stumbled upon the imprisoned Mazzy. When I talked to her, I told her that I wasn't going to release her, and that she could rot in prison for all I care. She cursed at me, but I walked away, leaving the door WIDE OPEN. When I came back sometime later (I can't remember why) she was still there! I talked to her again, and she asked me if I had reconsidered releasing her. Face-palming, I gave her my permission to walk through the WIDE OPEN door, and finally she did so, disappearing.

Old 11-15-2000, 07:29 PM   #13
nimzo
Welcomed New User

I don’t know how weird it is but it took me a while to figure out why my game kept going crazy while fighting some elder orb beholders. I wouldn’t be dead but I couldn’t control anything. I would just be looking at most of my party standing around. I had to reset the computer to get out of it, though there may be another way that I don’t know of. Of course when I scrolled back through the events I found that I had had imprisonment cast on me.

One thing that was pretty weird was when my party members were imprisoned in just such a way and I cast freedom on them, then tried to talk to them, they just completely ignored me. I couldn’t get them back in my party even after I’d just released them from a fate arguably worse than death. That’s gratitude for you!
Old 11-15-2000, 09:23 PM   #14
fool

In BG1 i must have had a lightning rod equipped . I was hit with lightning at least 8 times my first time around (I was being very thorough searching everything which meant being outside a lot.) So far i've only been hit with lightning once in BG2 so i'll see how it goes from here.
Of course in RL my house has been hit 3 times so it could be my days are numbered and Mother Nature is saying even in a fantasy there is no escape????????

Old 11-15-2000, 10:06 PM   #15
Armisael

Definitely the guy in the Trademeet inn. What the hell was that about? Argh... I'm going to be straining my brain over that one forevermore. Freaking red herrings. DAMN YOU, BLACK ISLE!

Old 11-16-2000, 06:22 AM   #16
yonderboy

One time i had just started Chap 5. The Underdark was much scarier then. Something happened to Jaheira. Either she died and i raised her or she got charmed and i got her back, or something. Anyhow, when she came back, she acted as if she had been asked to leave the party, got ticked off, and stomped off of the screen, saying she'd be back in Athkatla if i wanted her back. She just up and walked out of the Underdark!
Sheesh!

YONDERBOY

Old 11-17-2000, 12:12 AM   #17
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, my strangest phenomenon was in the temple district in canalisation. i was down to this mysterious religious cult, there was a tomb, which i opened. The elementar body was much too strong for me at this time, so i run away, until he was under the fog of war. i begann to make a plan, when i noticed he followed me. I was surprised and run antoher time away, but a really good peace of map. I had a shock when 1 min later he was again near my team, wanted to finished his started spell or something. Man, now i was angry, but my team too weak. Ok i decided to leave this map, i was now in the canalisation. You guess, that he came too... allthough this was a new map!!! Ok, then i decided to go up to temple district and heal my party in order to kick his ass. Well after i was up, there was a little automatic conversation between some citizens. I read all with a little bit of happyness that this bitch of elementar mage cant come up, when during the NPC Conversation he came up make a death spell,and my char was dead, before the silly conversation came to the end...
Old 11-17-2000, 12:48 AM   #18
Sparr

My wierdest moment so far was in Nalia's keep. I killed the Glacias guy and he just stood there dead, no death animation. Now the 'all the guards are missing' part of that quest is permanently stuck in my journal.

Old 11-17-2000, 03:25 AM   #19
Nordic

Yep. She is great isn´t she? My sweet, sweet Jaheria.

No, honestly my most shocking experience in BG2 was when I fought the beholders in the Southern Cave of the Underdark. My group was being exterminated by those ugly blobs and poor Aerie was out of spells. As a desperate last action I had her to read a scroll of "Limited Wish" to call out for help.
Do you believe me when I say that i was angry when a horde of CHICKENS appeared to help me in my great battle. I hate that genie. A lot. Really I do!

Old 11-17-2000, 03:30 AM   #20
Armisael

Djinni have a wicked sense of humour. : P