Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2000, 12:32 AM   #1
[twisti]

I took this from a previews post about killing dragons. It really hurts me to see that so many of us seem to like fighting like a coward. The Red Dragon is one of the toughest enemys in the game, and you should ENJOY killing him. So read on.

C'mon kid's, killing a dragon by cloudkill is so god damn cheap you shouldn't even think about it.
The dragons in BGII fall quite easily if you remember that dragons can't be hit with weapons below +2 or +3 (Firkraag needs even +4 if I remember right).

Most of these wanker cast "Immune to magic weapons" as soon as you attack them, which, of course, render them quite immune to almost everything.

So here is the way for the straight, rightfull aligned character.

Beef you up with everything you have got. Having 12+ mod's on your character really doesn't hurt so much and you will be impressed to see the what impact your fighters will make on those big frogs.

If you have a thief, set some traps, because they sometimes break the dragons spellcasting (I know this shouldn't be the case; anways, it works). Don't rest and set more traps, that's just as cheap as using cloudkill. Work with what you have. Oh, set the traps before you cast all those spells that only last for a few rounds =)

Prepare your sequenzer. Load it with lower resistances, greater mallison, breach, etc. You need to make the stubborn dragon vulnerable to your fighters and archers.

Talk to the dragon. Tell him that you are going to wax his ass. Attack him. Usually, as soon as you attack he will cast imunity of some kind. Show him that your mage is worth his money. Once you removed his invulnerability, move your fighters closer in prepare for some serious buttkicking. If some of your characters die, f*ck it, you can ressurect them later (if their pic disappears, just hit reload, because they are gone forever).

After that, rip the load of his dead claws. Then save, and call your friends and brag about what you just have accomplished.

Any questions ?

Old 11-18-2000, 10:25 AM   #2
Cccc

I cant seem to beat that big red dragon in the windspear hills. Any good ideas??

Old 11-18-2000, 10:48 AM   #3
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

try coudkill, its kinda easy that way... if you really like a challenge, cast magic resistance (not lower resistance) to the dragon and it will lower its resistances to be exact(must be a bug)... the first time i killed the dragon was by magic missle and a few summoned monsters like elementals... GL
Old 11-18-2000, 01:21 PM   #4
iyke

Can someone put me straight on this please ? - I seem to remember it being a spirit dragon (sort of a grey colour) in the windspear hills. If its a red dragon , where have I seen the grey one ?

Old 11-18-2000, 01:29 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The 'grey' one is the Shadow Dragon in Umar Hills.
Old 11-18-2000, 01:39 PM   #6
megaMIKker

It's no bug, read the description of magic resistance in the manual(or in game for that matter), it sets the magic resistance of the target to 2% per level of the caster. BUT if the magic resistance of the target is greater than the priest would confer, it will actually be lowered to the amount the priest confers.

Old 11-18-2000, 02:03 PM   #7
Yrvinn

This is how i got him:

I made enemy whit him.
Cast femblemind on him and kicked his ass.

Make sure you have alott of femblemind spells stored because he has a very high magic resistance.

Old 11-18-2000, 02:03 PM   #8
Yrvinn

This is how i got him:

I made enemy whit him.
Cast femblemind on him and kicked his ass.

Make sure you have alott of femblemind spells stored because he has a very high magic resistance.

Every hamster has his day!