Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2001, 07:47 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I was reading a RPG site, it has many combat description scenes, which inspried me to write one of my own!

Chapter 1

Causiuss slowly wiped something slick off his left eye. His fingers felt the warm blood and thickness of the remainent of human skins on his beaten helm. His left eye swollen from all the smokes and bombings. Heat had burnt off his eyebrows, but he is fairing off far better than his soldiers.

He looked about dubiously, a sudden sense of resignation struck him. He dumbly considered the futility of this all. Men screaming near him, but the sound seemed to come from miles away. His eardrum booming after the repeat explosions. All around him, his soldiers are engaged into life struggling combats. One of his commander is battling against three orcs, the savage beasts made exciting battle crys as one hairy black faced monster scored a mighty blow on the man's left chest. His commander gasped and choked for air at the impact, but the suffocating quickly ended as the other two jumped on him, and smacked and rammed his body into dust.

To the left flanked, several burning torsos flew out as another burst of fireballs struck the rank. Weapons lay scattered, cargos burnt down, defensive (hmm.. dont know, but the thing you made by digging the floor) piled with bodies. A thunderous cry woke Causiuss, as he caught a glimsp of his left ranks being torn aprt by a wild charging monster. The ogre tower over fifteen ft, one soldier poked helplessly with a rapier as he was stormed under the ogre's feet. With a thud sound, the attacker smashed the annoyous human. His brains exploded and pinkish oozy liquid hits Causiuss' face, blinding the general's sight.

"Do something!!!!" shouted desperately, the combat wizard Noah

Shaking his head numbly, Causiuss responded slowly "this is helpless... they charge with the Orc-kins, I thought the Kuusazendirl is neutural in this war."

Putting up several fire-defensive enchantments, Noah spat "WELL!! Now you know they are not! Com'on general!"

Causiuss breathed a loud sigh, his hand tightened his grip on his gigantic two handed sword. "TO BATTLE!!!" with an outrageous yelp, he charged blindly into ranks of monsters. Noah shook his head, tears almost came out of the hopeless wizard's eyes as he saw his most admired man going berserk.

Causiuss swung his sword, and cut a unfortunate orc by the ribs. The blow killed the beast before it could scream. Yanking his sword free, the general seek another target. Up to his right, one of his men is cornered by two orcs. With a wild cry, the general threw himself into the attackers, his momentum crashed one orc into floor, and saved his man just in time. The other orc stared at the unexpected berserker dumbfoundedly, and the delayed caused his head flying the next second, blood spilling on the general's face. His boots connected to stomache of the orc that still on the floor. The orc struggled to get on his feet, only to find the back of his head being struck forcefully by the hilt of the sword of an angry Causiuss.

A wooshing sound tear through the air, Causiuss, still in his trance of killing spree, didn't notice it. A big chunk of rock smacked the general senseless, the world around him goes blur for a second. Choking for air, another wooshing sound came, the general barely recoved, dodged to his left. The missle missed its mark, but hit the orc who is still trying to get up. The beast didn't even know what killed him as his brain splashed under the impact, his body dropped to the floor, where there used to be a head replaced by a huge rock.

Causiuss found his attacker, an massive ogre. The towering brute grinned "Mez kill yuu wii'klin' fer guuud!" The general looked at the monster who is twice as tall and five times weight, did not flinch. He knew no fear at that time, only anger, blind anger, sheer anger that would keep desperation from him.

"TO BATTLE!!" With another barbaric cry, the two clashed into each other. The ogre waved his huge club, and hit the generally sqaurely as he tried to aproach. Causiuss nearly flew at the strength of the hit, his solid armor saved him from such blow, but his arms souring from the painful hit. He pressed on nonetheless. Coming back fast, he lifted his sword high, managed to deflect another smack. That move brought him neared the ogre. He aimed an attack at the waist of the monster, but found that his rage almost costed his life. The attack was brutal, much more powerful than the ogre expected, however, the thick muscles around the waist of the monster saved his life. Blood floating all about, the ogre brought his free hand down, and yanked the sword out of the struggling general. The ogre snarled loudly, as the general tried to free himself from the strong grip. Causiuss, madly kicking and punching, watched the club came down at him...

No club came down at him...

A flash of lighting hissed through the air above Causiuss, leaving the blackened burnt face of a dead ogre. Another hissing sound came, and cut through ranks of monsters to his right, the lighting bolt pireced orcs after orcs who unfortunately stumbled in the line.

Then another, then another, then another as packs of monsters getting eletrified. Soldiers screamed thounderously at the unexpected change. Causiuss blinked in disbelieve, then sunddenly understood as a blue robed figure appeared near him out of thin air.

"Make yourself some use, general" The wizard said with a disgusted face. After that, another flash of lighting burst through the his hand, bouncing lossely in the monster rank. Before Causiuss can say anything, the wizard disappeared after a flash of light.

In the distance, came screams of panick as novas burst out. Several seconds later, only a blue robed human stood where there used to be monsters. With another flash of light, the figure disappear, and from further away, came more surprsied crys which turned into horroring death rattles only a few moments later.

"Thank you..." Causiuss stared blankly, not noticing blood running from the side of his head "Now we are even, brother..."

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: DM of FAoIW ]

Old 11-09-2001, 08:12 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

read it plzzzzz [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2001, 08:19 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Hehe, great one DM!
Old 11-09-2001, 08:20 AM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Hey, why aint the smilies working??! (I liked that thumsup guy...)
Old 11-09-2001, 08:35 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

me has no idea, but thx
Old 11-09-2001, 08:53 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

nice one [img]smile.gif[/img]

one thing i would like to say there ... MAGES ROCK!!!

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-09-2001, 09:03 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
nice one [img]smile.gif[/img]

one thing i would like to say there ... MAGES ROCK!!!

tee hee, thanks! I know [img]tongue.gif[/img]

now let me write a story about killing mages...
Old 11-09-2001, 09:10 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

quote:

now let me write a story about killing mages...

nnnnoooooooowwwwwwww wwwwwwaaaaaaaaiiiiiiitttttt aaaaaaa minnnnnnuuutttteeeee!!!!!!!!!!

j/k [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-09-2001, 09:15 AM   #9
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

Very good DM of FAoIW! Where did you find it?
Old 11-09-2001, 09:16 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Byronas:
Very good DM of FAoIW! Where did you find it?

I worte it!!