Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
dplax
Jack Burton

Default Risen

Anyone else played this game?

I got it a few weeks ago and I find it great. Really immersive experience and a very well built world.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Risen

I've played it. It's a good game. First few chapter is great. Though the last few feels too short.

I like the combat system. It's not just click one button and hope the monster die asap. You actually have to time your attack and dodge theirs as well.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Default Re: Risen

I really adored this game, having played it through twice. The soundtrack in particular is gorgeous and something I enjoy listening to relax to outside of playing. There's also some classic dungeon crawling with puzzles which I found to be a treat, a nice contrast to the cookie cutter stuff that tends to plague action-rpgs.

It's a shame that the Australian OFLC meant that it couldn't be purchased here, as I'd really like to find a Collectors Edition of it. The game is easily superior to the consolised rubbish that was Arcania. It's doubly exciting that Risen 2 has been officially announced - hopefully Piranha Bytes can deliver a slightly more ambitious experience that doesn't seek to rest too heavily on the shoulders of Gothic 1&2 as Risen did, but that's understandable considering the reception Gothic 3 received.

In short - hope you're enjoying it Dplax, as Risen was one of my favourites from 2009/2010.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Last edited by CerebroDragon; 12-16-2010 at 11:59 AM.
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote