Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-02-2001, 08:33 PM   #11
Blade
Emerald Dragon

my cats are to lazy to cry they will just roll over and go back to sleep.
Old 09-02-2001, 08:43 PM   #12
Moni

Well, he has gone to stay with Marge...she came and got him around 4:00.
(Thank Goodness! ) Gosh, he is a cutie though!
She can't afford a vet bill right now either so we are going to get him his first shots and de-wormed on Tuesday or Wednesday for her. She said she would pay us back, but I'd rtather her use that money to get him neutered LOL...I'll be sure to tell her.

Fljotsdale, ROFL, yes and this being a small town, people know who the suckers are. I can't help caring though. I cannot let a cry for help go unanswered if I can do something, be it animal or human!

Any of you that think a bunch of pets is fun or easy, check out the link in my sig and (especially) the one at the bottom of that page titled "On A Serious Note". We are on a year round basis putting our vet's kids through school LOL! As soon as we hit the end of the line with updated shots, it is time to start at the front again.

Blade, LOL! I know exactly what you mean! We have ten cats indoors and three dogs outside. There should be a market for cat & dog hair...we could be millionaires!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-02-2001, 08:47 PM   #13
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Awww I love your cats
I love cats in general.
As soon as I settle down somewhere i plan on getting a small horde of the cute buggers
I just love them!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 09-02-2001, 09:21 PM   #14
Moni

Aw, Thanks Az! I hope you get some!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Old 09-02-2001, 09:52 PM   #15
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Aw, Thanks Az! I hope you get some!

Well the last cat I had was a stray I offered to take in but after being here for 6 months it got run over
And I havent had another since then, i didnt have much time handy and didnt want to have a cat I would neglect. But I hope soon I can get a whole litter of them

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 09-02-2001, 10:01 PM   #16
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Well the last cat I had was a stray I offered to take in but after being here for 6 months it got run over
And I havent had another since then, i didnt have much time handy and didnt want to have a cat I would neglect. But I hope soon I can get a whole litter of them

Yeah, that happens.
Good for you that you haven't obtained a pet that you think would be lonely. They do like company.
I hope you get your litter LOL, just remember to spay & neuter or you'll end up having more than you can afford!

------------------

Old 09-02-2001, 10:33 PM   #17
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I agree pets like others to play with and to care for eachother. Our dog thinks our cats are her babys and the cats think our dogs are older or bigger brothers/sisters
Old 09-02-2001, 10:41 PM   #18
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

I could never be without my kitty, Chuck !(female)

She's been with me for 5 years. I found her at a breader's farm when she was just a kitten, I went there to find out about a golden jungle cat (30lb), but he didn't have any kits at the time. He had bengals though, (not the tiger)
and one kept following me around. It was the most pitiful looking thing ever! He told me that she wasn't show standard and she had been bitten by one of his dogs. She was dirty, sick, and had a wound that stretched from the back of her front leg, over her ribs, to her back leg.
(What was that about hating people, Moni?)
He offered her for $100 and I did it just to get her out of there! She pulled through, and she is still with me. She even managed to chase my pitbulls out of the house when she had kittens! Talk about a tough cat! They won't go within 10 feet of her now! LOL

------------------

Proud new member of LH!
Old 09-02-2001, 10:52 PM   #19
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I'm asking for a mauling but..
DOGS RULE!

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-03-2001, 01:21 AM   #20
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
I could never be without my kitty, Chuck !(female)

She's been with me for 5 years. I found her at a breader's farm when she was just a kitten, I went there to find out about a golden jungle cat (30lb), but he didn't have any kits at the time. He had bengals though, (not the tiger)
and one kept following me around. It was the most pitiful looking thing ever! He told me that she wasn't show standard and she had been bitten by one of his dogs. She was dirty, sick, and had a wound that stretched from the back of her front leg, over her ribs, to her back leg.
(What was that about hating people, Moni?)
He offered her for $100 and I did it just to get her out of there! She pulled through, and she is still with me. She even managed to chase my pitbulls out of the house when she had kittens! Talk about a tough cat! They won't go within 10 feet of her now! LOL

*yawn* Well that was a nice nap! I'm headed back offline in a few but while I am up Liliara, I'd like to address your post.

First off, Chuck! LMAO That's cool
Thank you for taking in that kitten! I am glad you have the heart to love the unwanted and that you have gotten so much pleasure out of owning her.

As far as hating people, I don't literally hate anyone really, but I do hate the fact that people turn their backs on animals in need like my neighbors did with that kitten this morning. If you could have seen the way they carried on like it didn't even exist while it hid under their house and cried, your jaw would have dropped too.

Check out the link below...scroll down to the paragraph above the pictures and read the rest of the page. It is heartbreaking to know that I have thirteen pets only because other people would throw them aside to die orthat they would rather see them put down than to take care of them.
I have seen more animal neglect in this section of Texas than I had in 37 years of growing up in and travelig across this beautiful country of ours. No one cares here. No one.

My Pets

------------------