Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-19-2001, 11:50 AM   #1
Kitty
Manshoon

After a long time, I finally found out which door could be opened by the so-called Sewer Key. I fought my way through the mind flayers and found a letter about their invasion plan. Does it have anything to do with the man (the "Hidden")who has cured Jan's daughter (or whatever)? Will I have to fight this Hidden thing later?
Sorry for asking too much, but I want to discover all things I missed in my previous games.
Cheers,
Kitty
Old 08-19-2001, 12:50 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

As far as i know, theres no further involement with the illithids on that storyline... i think it was just another little sub-plot thrown in by the programmers... sorry!

------------------
Old 08-19-2001, 01:07 PM   #3
Kitty
Manshoon

I asked that because the Hidden guy transformed himself into a mind flayer and disappeared after having solved Jan's problem...and the letter I found mentioned the following: "...the Hidden is gathering followers".
Old 08-19-2001, 01:33 PM   #4
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitty:
I asked that because the Hidden guy transformed himself into a mind flayer and disappeared after having solved Jan's problem...and the letter I found mentioned the following: "...the Hidden is gathering followers".
Yeah, but there's no more involving the Hidden. He's on to bigger things, I suppose.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-19-2001, 01:35 PM   #5
Jake
Banned User

Probly appears in BG:TOB if you bring the letter with you. Probly having it in a scroll case.

------------------
Old 08-19-2001, 01:42 PM   #6
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Probly appears in BG:TOB if you bring the letter with you. Probly having it in a scroll case.

This would have been pretty cool, but I've played through ToB twice and seen no mention of it, and haven't read anything about it.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-19-2001, 02:41 PM   #7
Legolas the Elven Archer

It's just another example of those situations in which two quests are related in the storyline, but not in the game.
Another example: If you've started the Twisted Rune quest and the Human Skin Leather Armour quest, and said the right things, you'll notice someone in the HSLA quest say something about "crossing the rune", which refers to the Twisted Rune quest, even though they are not otherwise connected.

Whether due to lack of time or intentionally, the Illithid's hidden does not appear

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 08-19-2001, 06:00 PM   #8
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas the Elven Archer:
It's just another example of those situations in which two quests are related in the storyline, but not in the game.
Another example: If you've started the Twisted Rune quest and the Human Skin Leather Armour quest, and said the right things, you'll notice someone in the HSLA quest say something about "crossing the rune", which refers to the Twisted Rune quest, even though they are not otherwise connected.

Whether due to lack of time or intentionally, the Illithid's hidden does not appear

Yep, it's just another quest (or set of quests) that they left out due to time constraints. Me personally, I wouldn't mind if they released a bonus disk that filled in the missing quests (connecting the dots, if you will). Doubt it will happen, though.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 08-19-2001, 11:42 PM   #9
Starkiller
The Magister

I agree it would be cool if they filled it all in, but it is kind of cool that they are just tieing things together...it gives the feeling that it is really a world, rather than a place where each enemy only has one fiendish plan, and nothing other than the main story ever connects...another great example is something that I just thought was mysterious, that a couple of items you can buy from the special merchant have it in their descriptions that they were "worn by x until he was killed in the service of an entity known as "The Nameless One" or some such, and they mention The Nameless One in several item descriptions..."given to him by an entity known as "The Nameless One" Stuff like that. Well I told my friend about it who was still on BG1, saying it was weird, and he had played Planescape:Torment, and apparently YOU are The Nameless One in Torment. I thought this was really cool! They make the games cross over, so it feels, as I said, more like a real world with a, consistant history and where events are constantly unfolding. Well, thats how I feel anyway, call me weird
Old 08-20-2001, 11:09 AM   #10
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Nice one, I wondered about the nameless one, I like cute moments like that (Like in Diablo2 where the good guy from number on becomes the bad guy in 2). Anyone know the background to Baldurs armour and so on?