Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-19-2001, 01:33 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Im currently trying to get the Viconia romance but a while agow she left my party to kick Keldorns butt and im afraid this canceled the romance since she hasent talked to me in quite a while now, can anyone confirm this? Anyway i checked the global variables and Viconiaromance currently stands at one (all the others are three) and Viconiaromanceout stands at 0. Can anyone tell me what this means and prossible how to fix this?

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.
Old 08-19-2001, 01:34 PM   #2
trux

If the ViconiaRomanceActive variable is 1, that means it's not going on. If it's 2 it means she's currently your lady. Setting it back to 2 would probably fix your problem.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-19-2001, 02:00 PM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Well, i didnt actually had the romance. I was working on it and now im afraid that bastard Keldorn f*cked everyting up for me, i mean are paladins always so violent whatever hapend to good old peace and harmony?
And what if i set the variable to two, wont i miss alot of dialog?

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.
Old 08-19-2001, 02:04 PM   #4
trux

Well, I'm nut sure about that to be honest. I thought you were in the middle of the romance already. Hmmm...if worse comes to worse you can download the romance patch and just add in the viconia files.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-19-2001, 02:11 PM   #5
Legolas the Elven Archer

Try deleting the ViconiaRomanceOut=0. You only need CheckViconiaMatch=1, ViconiaRomanceActive=1 and ViconiaRomance= any number, depending on how far the romance has gone. You will also need ViconiaJoined=1, 'cause if she didn't join, she can't talk to you
The RomanceOut is probably the reason your romance is finished.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

[This message has been edited by Legolas the Elven Archer (edited 08-19-2001).]

Old 08-19-2001, 04:23 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas the Elven Archer:
Try deleting the ViconiaRomanceOut=0. You only need CheckViconiaMatch=1, ViconiaRomanceActive=1 and ViconiaRomance= any number, depending on how far the romance has gone. You will also need ViconiaJoined=1, 'cause if she didn't join, she can't talk to you
The RomanceOut is probably the reason your romance is finished.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks L, i hope you now what your doing cause i dont want to ruin my game.

Old 08-19-2001, 09:37 PM   #7
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

Hmmmm... I seem to have a problem too, I recently started a game as an evil swashbuckler human but have been unable to get V's romance to start (even with shadowkeeper) as i really don't want to have to reinstall again i was wondering if anyone had any advice?
Old 08-19-2001, 10:59 PM   #8
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

fyi

checkviconiamatch: done at start of game, 1=can have romance
viconiamatch: sometimes isn't written in despite cvm, clua it in =1
romanceactive... 1=going on, 2=finished but in a good way, 3=over
delete the viconiaout back to 0 or delete it entirely (same effect)
Old 08-20-2001, 02:16 AM   #9
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

I must admit she's a real chalenge to romance. It's like walking on eggshells, you never know when you going to break one. Either you are too soft with her, either you are too hard. I'm like, two inches away from doing some nooky with her and she slaps me hard and I have to restart the whole thing. I'd be easier if there was a potion out there I could make her swallow and she become all clear ;] I know it is in her nature, a fine female Drow she is, but damn, I'm not a Drow!
Old 08-20-2001, 02:42 PM   #10
oldbittercraig
Elminster

I went through all of SoA with a NE Kensai Mage, was pretty much a prick to about everyone and still no romance.