Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 08-26-2006, 09:09 AM   #11
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

...or a non human class with too many levels between your favored class and another standard (not prestige) class? There is a 20% penalty for that.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #12
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Haven't touched XP.. If I ever do, I'll make a major post about it, trust me! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #13
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Trust you. Of course I trust you (smiles convincingly).

I am running a halfling through Undermountain rather than the humans I normally play. This does seem to make a difference to XP which I had not spotted before.

As examples, a level 40 human gets 900 XP for lending the girl in Durnan's the 10GP she has lost. A lower level halfling gets 720 XP. For destroying the lower level bad guys the human gets 4 XP and the halfling 3.

Both are Lawful Neutral. Is this species discrimination? I just wonder if it is hardwired into NWN?
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #14
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

There is what they called a "favored class" system hardcoded into NWN's. Something to do with 3rd ed. rules, I believe. Anyway, if you take 10 levels of fighter, and then one level of rogue, if your char isn't human or half elven, you will take a 20% hit on xp. The "allowed" gap between these two classes is 1 level either way. Note that Prestige classes do not count towards this deviation from your favored class, so if you take 10 levels of rogue, and then max out in assassin, there will be no penalty. In a high magic, lots of xp to be had server, this will make very little difference. In a low magic/xp world, it is a major penalty.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #15
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ah so (what else can I say about my last post).

Thank you Robert.

That was so obvious once you pointed it out. I must read the manual more carefully before creating new characters.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:08 PM   #16
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Any idea when the newest patch is going to come out yet, Ziroc? Just so I know roughly how much time I have to save up for my new (and hopefully bug free) HDD. it's really annoying not being able to log into Undermountain at will and just game for even thirty minutes. Going to have to ask my mother for a reprieve on the rent if at all possible. Pay half now and the other half in the middle of the month. Discovered a few MORE expenses I forgot to calculate in. Oh the rapid and rabid joys of being underemployed. *shrugs and sighs a bit*

[ 08-27-2006, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #17
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It'll be weeks.. maybe 1 month..

(Some moron hit a lightpole and knocked power out for a bit.. fools) Just came back! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote