Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-12-2003, 02:34 AM   #1
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

hi i have now soloed my kensai mage trough amn and tob=)

and im thinking of installing TDD (for you that do not now it means The darkes day and is a mod) but what changes does it do? and i have heard it is buggy
can you play with your pary trough amn and then export them to tob and keep playing with TDD installed will they take away things in the real version and replace with new? or will they only add new things like diaulogues (how do you spell that?) and monsters? and the last thing should i play trough the game with a party again in normal version or should i try TDD?

in a scale to 1-10 what do you think of the mod 1 is best 10 is worst
Old 03-12-2003, 07:26 AM   #2
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

TDD does have bugs... but that is only natural for such a huge mod. its not too bad though. as long as you dont mind putting up with a bit of roughness, its 300mb more game for the bargain basement price of a bit of downloading. lets face it... free stuff is cool.

I have it (obviously) and I think it's great. it adds LOTS of new classes, lots of new equipment, about 10 (?) new NPCs (including lots of evil ones [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and a bit of new advenuring. It has a few new quests... some other quests have different monsters, i also think there are a few quite large quests, and one main quest near the end (or after the end) of SOA. I havent gotten that far yet so Im not sure.

mine seems to work fine with ToB installed, but as I havent gotten up to ToB areas, I dont know if you can keep playing once you get to ToB, but I would think so. Im almost positive though that there are no new things specifically FOR ToB.

The one main issue is this. There are bloody TONNES of trolls in the new areas, and not many healing potions, so be prepared before you set out or you may find the game very hard.

All-in-all though, I definately recomend getting it and giving it a try
Old 03-12-2003, 10:19 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Click here
Xen
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote